WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, and thank you for the add! Newbie here with watch building in general. It's my first time putting together a watch with 2824 clone, and am having issues with stem reinsertion. Before removing, I pulled out the stem to the time setting position (but I have seen on some strings that there are people who suggest the winding position). Did I put too much pressure on the release button? Maybe. I've tried all the advice I've seen on the issue: insert with the dial side up, gently jiggle the stem, I've broken down the movement a bit and reassembled the keyless works. I've watched all the vids I could find on how to do this, making sure I've put the yoke in the right grove in the castle (crown?) sprocket (sorry if I'm using the wrong terminology for these pieces). I'm pretty sure I've set the pieces of the works in the right places, hooking together where they should hook together. But the stem, when inserted, engages nothing. It won't engage anything. I can't wind the watch, set the time/date etc. It just falls out. I must have really buggered something up. Any suggestions where I might look?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Have you checked that you did not break the detent (setting lever) when you pulled the stem out? That the piece that holds and prevents the stem from pulling out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Have you checked that you did not break the detent (setting lever) when you pulled the stem out? That the piece that holds and prevents the stem from pulling out.

The setting lever is the part being installed around 13:00 into the below video? I don't believe mine looks any different than this one. Can you suggest what I might be looking for in terms of damage?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

This little post is what “hooks” onto the stem.

This little post on mine seems to be intact. But the stem does not seem to engage anything in the keyless works. When I move the crown stem back and forth, or rotate it, the keyless works remain still. Is there a trick, while putting together the keyless works, to making sure that little post lines up in such a way that it engages the stem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

This little post is what “hooks” onto the stem.

Thank you, with a little manipulation, I was able to get the keyless works engaged, and the stem held in place. Your advice was very helpful. Unfortunately, nothing else seems to be functioning. The stem clicks into 3 positions, and doesn't come out. But it also doesn't wind the watch, set the date or the time. Any ideas what could be the problem now?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts