WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the watch several years. Last month I send the watch to a lab for replacing the battery (even its supposed to be solar). after the replacement the pressure (barometer and hight) isnt working - its show
----- instead of digits. Is anyone can help?

G

·
Have you tried the reset procedure, usually involving shorting the battery with the AC contact with a pair of tweezers, or barring that, the calibration procedures?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes - I resset the watch.
regarding calibration - i cannot calibrate it because there is no input from the sensor.

G

·
It sounds like it's time to chuck it then, or send it to casio for repair. Usually those modules are pretty fickle to begin with due to the added complications of sensors. You could drop it on ebay, noting what works and doesn't and that it's a U-Fix or spare parts model - someone very familiar with them may be able to get it running, and give you some starter money to upgrade or replace?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I have the watch several years. Last month I send the watch to a lab for replacing the battery (even its supposed to be solar). after the replacement the pressure (barometer and hight) isnt working - its show

I had a similar experience with the great-grandfather of this model, the dw-6700 skyforce. It seems that the previous owner butchered the sensor wire while changing the battery. Best bet is to try casio and see what they say.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

What lab? Did you send it to Casio? Can you try to get them to repair/replace it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts