WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father just bought a MTG1500-1A and is having problems it seems. I'll post his email to me and hopefully you can decipher and tell me if there's something wrong with the watch. I am not familiar with Casio so am at a loss since he doesn't live near me. Here's his email:

>The watch seems to work good the only thing that does not
> match the instruction booklet is
> when I press MODE button from Timekeeping mode it goes to
> World Time in digital windows but on the little dial on left
> side it points to AL, press again and it goes to Stop Watch
> ST but dial shows C Tough Solar on dial, press again and it
> goes to Timer but dial to L, press again goes to Alarm and
> dial to M on dial and press again it goes back to time
> keeping mode and on dial to W.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I don't know the watch maybe I should not try to help ;-)

could it be that the hand is in wrong position?

or is it possible to read the hand not correctly?

1. does it work to "specify the homecity" (hand points to T1) ?

2. does it work with manual receive (hand points to work or ready) ?

if for 1 and 2 the answers are No than the hand is really in wrong "home" position, I guess

try to "adjust the home position manually" (press D for 3 seconds and so on like it is written in the manual)

Sibe

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hi,
I am not sure if I have the answer, but it's worth checking to make sure that the hands in the subdials have not been accidentally adjusted to the wrong position.
The watch has a manual adjust function for all analogue hands. Both subdial hands should return to the 12 o'clock position this function is activated and can be manually corrected if needed.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I found the instruction in the manual for the OCW-T400 (module 5054), it is almost the same module and should work for the MTG1500, too

Sibe

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh man, this watch is becoming more of a headache than anything else! Today the analog hands STOPPED at 2:21!!! The digital display's still work, but the hands are dead. Question, I bought this watch from an Ebay seller, I'm guessing he's not an AD for Casio, is the 1 year warranty from Casio still good? The seller has a very good rating of 99.9% with close to 3000 feedback's and is a powerseller so I'm hoping he'll make it right one way or another. Anyone have any advice?

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,598 Posts
Oh man, this watch is becoming more of a headache than anything else! Today the analog hands STOPPED at 2:21!!! The digital display's still work, but the hands are dead. Question, I bought this watch from an Ebay seller, I'm guessing he's not an AD for Casio, is the 1 year warranty from Casio still good? The seller has a very good rating of 99.9% with close to 3000 feedback's and is a powerseller so I'm hoping he'll make it right one way or another. Anyone have any advice?
The watch might be run into power save mode because of an empty battery. :think:
Try to put it into sunlight for some hours and look what happens.
Usually these watches are quite reliable. :-!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But the digital displays are still functioning, it's just the hands that have stopped, but I will check.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just read in the manual that when the battery level starts getting dangerously low, certain functions will stop but not the analog hands. This is very disappointing because I bought this watch with the intention that's it's nearly indestructible!! I HOPE I can get this resolved. Does anyone know how the Casio warranty works? I mean did I have to buy from an AD to get warranty coverage performed on it?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the seller refunded the full amount plus shipping. Suffice to say, my father has decided to go with the Citizen Skyhawk Ti instead, hopefully we have better luck with that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts