WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the Alpha speedmaster 2 months ago from Alpha website.
The watch the last days was not working properly and since yesterday appears to has the following problems:
1) The hour hand remain stable at 12,
2) Day and date cannot be change or sometimes can change after I tried to set the time.
3) The watch cannot be wind (sometimes can be wind)

I have already send an email to Alpha with no response.
Did any of you experience the same problem?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hi in my experience Alpha have a good after sales service but give them up to 24 hours to respond to e mails especially at the week end. They have solved problems for me in the past. When Alpha respond they will send you a returns form via e mail print it out and fill it in listing your problems one thing remember to include your name and return address. Alphas turn around on repairs is usually three weeks (one week to receive the package a week to repair the watch and a week to post it back ). I have had two watches repaired by them under guarantee with no problems whatsoever. You should have no problems with Alphas customer service. Try sending an email to all of there addresses thats what I did.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Hi,

It sounds a little like your date change mechanism is stuck. Did you try to set the date manually between 22.00 and 02.00? In that case you could have damaged the movement.

You can always send it back to Alpha.

Regards,

Martin

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys!:thanks

This is what Alpha replied:

HI Sir,

base on the attached instruction notice that send together with the watch in the parcel. The watch had teh blind spot issue.

AS per the instruction, the watch are same as swiss mulitifunction mechanic movemnets, the swift calendar adjust mechanism should be avoided during the inter-shift period of the gears inside the movement. Such period is from 21:00 to 2:00., it is advised NOT to press the pusher. Rightnow, please reset the watch, then set the time to 12:00 in order to move another day, then set the time to 4:00 - 8:00 , and adjust the pusher. Hope this is workable again.anyway if the watch still not working .please just return to us for repair. thank.

best regards,
ALPHA WATCH
CF

Unfortunately, his instructions do not work in my case, so I am going to send the watch back for repair/replacement

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
I'm happy for you that Alpha is accepting the watch for return or repair. I am a few clicks away from testing these waters myself.

Regarding their communication with you, I feel that it is a mixed blessing that English is the global language. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts