WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had any problems with their clasp opening to the divers extension position while being worn? Mine has just popped open a few times now and it is really frustrating when it happens. I have never had this happen on any other watch with a divers extension I have owned. Any ideas?:think:

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Do you have the bracelet sized on the tight side? I had the same problem with my s/s bracelet after I first received my SEAL because I sized it a bit too tight. I felt (wrongly, as it turns out), that due to the weight of the watch, wearing it tighter on my wrist would be more comfortable. As it turns out, keeping the same amount of slack, so to speak, on the SEAL as my other watches works just fine. After I loosened it up a bit, no more problems. Of course, YMMV.

Mind you, I do recall someone complaining about the same issue on this forum a while back. If I'm not mistaken, I believe they sent the bracelet back to Kobold to have the diver's clasp tightend under warranty.

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have the bracelet sized on the tight side? I had the same problem with my s/s bracelet after I first received my SEAL because I sized it a bit too tight. I felt (wrongly, as it turns out), that due to the weight of the watch, wearing it tighter on my wrist would be more comfortable. As it turns out, keeping the same amount of slack, so to speak, on the SEAL as my other watches works just fine. After I loosened it up a bit, no more problems. Of course, YMMV.

Mind you, I do recall someone complaining about the same issue on this forum a while back. If I'm not mistaken, I believe they sent the bracelet back to Kobold to have the diver's clasp tightend under warranty.

Regards,
Adam
Thanks for the response Adam!

I don't have the strap tight but it does seem to pop when it's flexed. I wish I could say it happens when I am diving or doing something physically challenging but as a stay at home dad it happens most when I am picking up my 18 month old son. Not really the image I think the folks at Kobold are looking for. :-d

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Yes, I did. Same issue as you describe, and I put it off until after the warranty expired (I was doing others things at the time, overseas).

So I wound up sending it back to Kobold and having the diver's expansion clasp replaced - it works great now and the repair/replacement was relatively cheap.

James

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
I dunno, but given everything that my six week old son has already put me through, I'm thinking that your 18 month old probably poses as much of a challenge to your SEAL as any one of the Polar expeditions Mike sponsors. Heck, he should consider sponsoring guys like us on a typical weekend as we journey through the endless aisles of Costco, the exotic warrens of Home Depot, and the desperation-soaked environs of Buy Buy Baby; all the while contending with with colic, recalcitrant car seats, spit up, "field" diaper changes, cranky wives, nosy in-laws...

Hell, a solo trip to the North Pole sounds like a vacation to me. ;-)

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dunno, but given everything that my six week old son has already put me through, I'm thinking that your 18 month old probably poses as much of a challenge to your SEAL as any one of the Polar expeditions Mike sponsors. Heck, he should consider sponsoring guys like us on a typical weekend as we journey through the endless aisles of Costco, the exotic warrens of Home Depot, and the desperation-soaked environs of Buy Buy Baby; all the while contending with with colic, recalcitrant car seats, spit up, "field" diaper changes, cranky wives, nosy in-laws...

Regards,
Adam
:-d

Your right Adam! Don't even get me started about the germ warfare battle ground that is Chucky Cheese, the local mall play area, or the sick kid waiting area at the local pediatricians. ;-)

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
I haven't had any issue with mine. But looking it, it seems that maybe the pin that provides the friction to the extension may be worn or is getting stuck. If it is under warranty, I would give Kobod a call, and they will probably send you out a replacement asap.

I can tell you from experience, that if you have an issue with your Kobold, they will do whatever they can asap to correct it.

·
Registered
Too many Speedys!
1,885 Posts

Regards,
Adam
Bravo, gentlemen! I agree. I am not a stay at home dad, but man, sometimes my two wonderful little boys really get on my last nerve! And that's after only brief "saturation dives" into solo parenting when the wife is out running errands...

·
Registered
97 Posts

Regards,
Adam
AMEN BROTHER -

1 - 9 of 9 Posts