WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an OEM deployant I bought from ebay, which has a security problem.

compare2.jpg

Instead of pressing both buttons to release the lock, this OEM deployment will be half opened if one of the button is pressed accidently.
And once the other button is pressed, the lock will open completely and my watch will fall to the ground.

The cause: this OEM deployment cannot fully secure THICK straps
(eg: Bradystrap's sailcloth, Hadley Roma's silicon strap)

Does anyone know a better deployment?
No omega deployment please, way too overpriced...

·
Premium Member
7,246 Posts
What you've shown in that photo looks nothing like the OEM deployant's locking mechanism. The OEM deployant does not even function in the manner you've described. A little confusing. :think: Maybe you're describing a deployant other than the common fold over clasp we see so often here? If so, I would still recommend the OEM unit. It's worth the extra cost, as its design is superior to a regular butterfly type deployant.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
That is not an Omega deployant. Considering that one allows your watch to fall to the ground, I would not consider the Omega deployant that won't allow your watch to fall to the ground overpriced.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
if looking for a non omega deployant I would recommend a single fold hirsch sports deployant, it as no buttons to press, to take it off you start to undo the strap as if on a buckle and once through the strap loops it pops off and to tighten it you snap it on, they also do a double butterfly deployant with buttons, also heard rhd work fine

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Axel Jost also makes a few different deployants that work well.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I dont think Omega made this butterfly deployant
I agree. Omega wouldn't let your watch fall to the floor!

cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts