WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
new to this forum and Steinhart community... on Wednesday ordered my first Staihart from the web site, did pay through paypal... After not receiving a conformation, e-mailed them with the question if they got it and when they planning to send the watch, no answer.... Called today, no answer??? Any suggestions on what might happen?
Thanks in advance for all the response.
Alex1976

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey Alex....
This is my experience:
PAYPAL is like a cheque & payment has to "clear" from your account....about 5-6 days. Then you receive an e-mail from PAYPAL that your payment has gone through.
Steinhart then send you a shipping confirmation order a day or so after payment & they ship the watch with a tracking number & link to FEDEX site for you to track.
You'll get it, just need to be patient.
To give you an idea, I paid for mine on October the 5th & is due for delivery October 19th, after all of the above.....so 2 weeks from start to finish.
Good luck!
BP:-!:-!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks BIGPOCKETS,
I really appreciate your input, it explained a lot. The thing is I wanted to contact Stainhart to customize my order but they did not reply to my e-mails and no one pick up the phone when I called.
Thanks again,
Alex1976

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine was done really quick. From my own experience and so many others in the forum, I believe you shouldn't be worried about it. Address your email to someone - Sabine or Gunter. You may get quicker response.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Alex,
When I first contacted Steinhart, I received a reply very promptly from Gunter himself.....then it took a few days for further responses to my questions.
I similarly wanted to customize my order by changing the leather straps which came with the watch & then corresponded with Sabine......
Then as the availability of the last LGE (Limited Gold Edition) was confirmed I made payment & the rest as I said above....
Don't know about contacting them via pone though, is there a public holiday in Germany...or maybe they're having a day off from the office...(?)
Hope I was able to help.
BP:-d

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
hello Alex

first of all congratulations on your First Steini..:)

don't worry about Steinhart Service. they are good :-! and they'll get back to you !.. sometimes they're WAY TOO BUSY to answer the Phone (remember they are a very small Company)..

one time i was talking with Gunter ,he mentioned to me that he receives more than 300 e-mails Daily.!!! this recquires a full time job.:-s
it would take him a very long time to read and answer all of them. just imagine that.!!

well waiting for the Watch to arrive can be painful but also exciting ;-)

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
...there's only a 'clearance delay' with Paypal if you are linking it directly to your bank account & paying via transfer. If you have existing funds in your Paypal account or are funding the Paypal account via credit card the payment is instant.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Hmmm, I missed this one as well........:think:

Anyway, congrats on getting your watch Alex....:-!

BIGPOCKETS nailed it. It takes a few days for things to get going after payment & may seem like an order has been forgotten. But as is always the case it works out & in your case Alex the watch is deliverd in just a matter of days...Congrats again...:-!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay, as we all know THE WATCH IS GOOD... well constructed and very large.... i guess too large for me... I contacted Gunter and ask him if it possible to exchange it to 44mm version... He said no problem... so tomorrow it goes back to Deutschland along with 22/18 strap on a deployment clasp (also to big)...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts