WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I've seen some threads on this forum of members that were asking of the online creationwatches store. Here's a taste of my experience.

I ordered a black monster from creation watches and received the package in 2 days. Very fast shipping; to that point I was extremely satisfied with their service.

After unpacking the watch I found out that the seconds hand was getting stuck around the 30 seconds mark and that a little shake would let it get past that point, but the hand would get stuck again at the same location on it's next turn. I thought that possibly the watch needed to break in or something; It's now been a week and I've still got the same issue.

I should also specify that when the seconds hand gets stuck; the minutes and hours hands also stop. When it's stuck, if I unscrew the crown and pull it in the time set position; a faint movement of the crown will unstuck the seconds hand. This kinds a tell me that something it obstructing the internal mechanism. I am quite surprised that they didn't catch that before sending the watch out.

Anyhow, I wrote back to creation watches. Took them 2 days to answer back; Let's say they were a lot faster to reply back to my questions before I had spent the cash.

I even sent them a video of the watch displaying the issue; and the guy wrote back saying that I should hold the watch in the palm of my hand and tap the back of the watch to fix a second hand that runs too fast or too slow. Thing is, he had a video displaying that this was not the issue at all.

All to say that I am a bit disappointed so far with their customer service. They've got good prices, but if you get a defective watch you're in for a treat.

If anyone ever experience this kind of issue with a watch and is aware of a solution please don't hesitate to share. :)

I will share my experience with creationwatches.com as this unfolds; I'll post a video depicting the problem I have with the watch a little later tonight.

Thanks!

·
Registered
804 Posts
I have bought three watches from them. Two eco drive Citizen watches and a auto Seiko Spork. I haven't had any problems with any of them. Sounds like a warranty issue so they should take it back and send you a new one or get that one fixed.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
I don't see anything unreasonable on their part. They were trying to save both of you time and hassle. Send it back if its still broken......

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,772 Posts
The person misunderstood your question. No big deal. I have no idea where you or Creation Watches are located. If you are anywhere close to the same time zone a much better way to resolve this would be to get them on the phone. Explain that the entire movement stops running and that you would like a replacement. Keep it cordial and stress that you otherwise like the watch. I'm not at all surprised that they didn't catch that. There would be no reason for them to test that watch given it's reputation and price.Your other alternative is of course to send it in to Seiko under the warranty. It did come with a warranty I assume.

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
The person misunderstood your question. No big deal. I have no idea where you or Creation Watches are located. If you are anywhere close to the same time zone a much better way to resolve this would be to get them on the phone. Explain that the entire movement stops running and that you would like a replacement. Keep it cordial and stress that you otherwise like the watch. I'm not at all surprised that they didn't catch that. There would be no reason for them to test that watch given it's reputation and price.Your other alternative is of course to send it in to Seiko under the warranty. It did come with a warranty I assume.
I agree with everything said above.

But John, a Monster from a website won't have a warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did try a couple of times to contact the phone number indicated for my area;I got a message stating to contact their support via email.

The next day after receiving the watch; I made a quick video showing the issue and sent it to them via email. That displays the problem the watch is experiencing pretty well. :)

The reason why I am not impressed is the time frame between their replies, and the lack of direction from their part. On my last reply to them I asked if there was a number I could use to reach them; I'll see what I get from them on their next reply.

In terms of the warranty; you get a 2 years warranty from the creationwatches.com. Seiko only offers the warranty through authorized dealers; which is pretty rare over the internet. For the most part, they are grey market watches; Seiko sells them in bulk to these online resellers at a lower price but without warranties.

Please don't get me wrong; Overall their service was good; but I just want them to fix this. If they do, this thread will prove to others that they offer good customer service.

I will ask for 2 things; they prepare the shipping back to them with the couriering company so that I can simply drop the box with no fees. and two, that they ship me a working watch. In my opinion that is the least a customer centric company should do; if they don't people should know.

I will update the thread when I get more information from them.

Thanks for your inputs.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Not my responsibility if they send me a non working watch.
They didn't knowingly send you bad product. They lost out on the cost of shipping it to you in the first place. You'll likely have to eat the cost of sending it back to them. Then they get to pay to send you another watch again.

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
Not my responsibility if they send me a non working watch.
Please read their terms - readily available on their web site.

I have had nothing but excellent dealings with creationwatches in the past. Raul seems to be their point man for foreign correspondence, and he is very competent and anxious to assure that the customernis satisfied.

I would suggest a little less demanding at this stage and a little more polite communication (e-mail) tomassure a mutually acceptable outcome.

Just my $0.02.

BTW, where in the world are you located?

HTH

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Not to be insulting, but are you familiar with automatic mechanical watches? Have you started it up by shaking it side to side for a few minutes? Remember the movement in your watch cannot be wound manually with the crown.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Not to be insulting, but are you familiar with automatic mechanical watches? Have you started it up by shaking it side to side for a few minutes? Remember the movement in your watch cannot be wound manually with the crown.
+1, the first thing I thought after I read the post, he didn't say whether he rotated it enough to wind it. I'm not sure, but I don't think you can you hand-wind a Monster? So it would have to be rotated for some time to get it up to speed.

It sounds exactly like the problem is that it isn't wound up enough. Hold it in your hand face up or sideways and rotate it like a hula hoop, the rotor inside has to swing around to get it charged. Ignore both of us if you've already done this!

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I've bought a few watches from Creation, and never had a single issue. This must just be a lemon, and nothing more.
Get them to replace the watch, and all will be well.

+1, the first thing I thought after I read the post, he didn't say whether he rotated it enough to wind it. I'm not sure, but I don't think you can you hand-wind a Monster? So it would have to be rotated for some time to get it up to speed.

It sounds exactly like the problem is that it isn't wound up enough. Hold it in your hand face up or sideways and rotate it like a hula hoop, the rotor inside has to swing around to get it charged. Ignore both of us if you've already done this!
This was a thought of mine as well..
We shall see what the OP says.

cheers,
Jake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I did wind up the watch by shaking it. Did it for over 10 minutes for sure; But in reality it should wind up by wearing it and I did wear the watch for the last 2 days. Thinking that it might fix itself eventually.

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
Still no reply from creationwatches.com for my yesterday email.
If you think your are the only one e-mailing them batter them with e-mails. They will love it.

Honestly, stay calm and wait for their reply.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I did wind up the watch by shaking it. Did it for over 10 minutes for sure
Aimlessly shaking it will do nothing.
Make sure you shake it in the manner explained by Sodiac.

cheers,
Jake.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I doubt most places do a thorough inspection of each watch before sending it out. I suspect they believe the manufacturer did proper QA. Depending on where you are and where creation is out of, you have to expect some lag. It is possible they are on an opposite schedule timewise which means that you most likely get 1 email from them a day since you probably send one while they are asleep, they get up and send you one while you are asleep.

It is always frustrating being excited for something only to get it and have it be wrong/not working, but a little patience and I'm sure you will have a functional watch and a smile on your face.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts