WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just purchased a used Omega Seamaster with the bond style bracelet. The problem is that the pins holding each link have worn out or something and are now sliding out freely, making it impossible to wear the watch without seriously risking a tragic accident.

My question is this: If I take my watch to an AD will they be able to fix this problem with the pins or is it a problem with the band that will require a whole new band?

I will ask my AD when I have a chance but it wont be for some time.

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
The bracelet should have more than just pins in the links, you may be missing the collars for the pins

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bracelet should have more than just pins in the links, you may be missing the collars for the pins
I took the bracelet apart, or more like let it fall apart, and found that indeed one of the links was missing one collar however three pins were sliding out and the other two had both collar inserts still in them...

·
Premium Member
7,166 Posts
I took the bracelet apart, or more like let it fall apart, and found that indeed one of the links was missing one collar however three pins were sliding out and the other two had both collar inserts still in them...
I almost always "crimp" the collars down a little on one side before re-installing them. Think about it, those things expand a little when your force the pin through. By crimping one side, you make the interface between pin and collar much more positive again. It's fine to do -- it works like a charm. You don't need new collars, unless they are noticeably weakened or damaged. You will need to source annother one to replace the one that was lost. I believe Ofrei sells them individually, or by pairs (each link needs two on the Bonds). Good luck.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Yep... the pins are sliding out because the collars that hold the pins in are either missing or loose. You might want to check with a local watch repair shop to see if they have any. I lost one a collar a long time ago and my watch repair guy replaced one for me for free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts