WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased 4 Kobolds in the last two months. 2 of them have had issues already. The Soarway diver was delivered with out a screw cap and the pin fell out, and the Large Soarway Diver has a rainbow pattern on the crystal when in the sun.

Has anyone had issues like this with Kobold watches? IS this typical for this company?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm with you, FW271. 4 watches in two months from one boutique manufacturer is a big deal.

Innateking, still anxiously awaiting pictures of these issues so we can try to help... BTW, welcome to WUS. Noticed it's your first post.

Adam

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Where are your pictures of all these Kobolds and let see your receipts and the emails to Brian of Kobold. It's been 6 days since you made these statements...?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the delay. I am new to watch collecting and new to forums. I am not bashing Kobold. I have sent watch in to Brian. I have talked and emailed them. I was curious if anyone had these issues with Kobold.

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
Wow the crystal definitely is not supposed to look like that under any conditions...
I know on some of my past kobolds I could see a layering rainbow effect under certain angles/lighting conditions, but I assume that is more due to light being refracted a certain way by the crystal.

This looks like some sort of smudge, messed up AR coating or something....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks like an easy issue to correct if you are capable of taking the rear case off and cleaning the crystal- appears to be on the inside. If there is an AR issue let me know as I can tell you how to remove existing AR and have it re-coated way better than new.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Yeah I will chime in with an apology but also will note that many trolls come to WUS for unknown reasons to stir up issues that don't exist. It looks suspicious when that happens and the follow up occurs much later or never at all?
Kevin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts