WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,

Quick question! - (I'm new to the world of Oris ownership BTW), my new Prodiver Titanium Date is onroute
and it appears that i have quite a standard looking case / outer box etc coming with it..

Any idea's how readily available the prodiver Peli-Cases with accessories are to purchase? (Rubber Strap, Extra links, Screwdriver etc etc)
As per below photo(s)

Any help appreciated. Thanks N,,

Attachments

·
Registered
60,591 Posts
The PDD does come in a bog standard case like the one in your second photo. To source a case you would probably have to approach an AD for one. I don't know how much they are but I doubt they will be cheap. Unless you really wanted an Oris case you would probably be better off (save a lot of money) buying a Peli case, strap, screw bars and a couple of screwdrivers. If you can/do buy an Oris case with bits in it make sure the strap fits the PDD - I'm pretty sure the Pointer Moon set will but the Depth Gauge and the Der Meistertaucher and the ProDiver Chrono ones will not.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Sticky,

Cheers for that matey. Its the 49mm PDD so yeah i need to make sure the rubber strap fits etc. I know i can pick up a Peli 1170 for around £50, it's just all the other
bits and bat's that i like (not that id use them! lol)

·
Registered
13,948 Posts
The pelican case with bracelet is about $400-500 if you get a good deal from an AD. I looked at doing it once. It's punitively expensive, but probably worth it if yours is a daily wearer and you love it. I rotate too much to blow $500 on a bracelet that I would rarely wear, otherwise I'd have one.

I highly suggest NOT spending the $600-700 seen on eBay. Call ADs until you get around $400.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I didn't realize you could buy the cases with accessories, separate from the watch. I thought they only came with the limited edition Pro Divers, like the Kittiwake and Carlos Coste for example. If you could find the kit for around $400, that would be a steal because the rubber strap and clasp is worth more than that to buy, alone.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Dubroz ... Will do mate, i've found a few in the States which are hovering around the $500 dollar mark. I'll get in touch with my local AD shortly.

I know the Peli Cases in black (Peli 1170) are cheap enough to buy with the foam inners, was just hoping to get all the other bits too.
I will keep you posted matey :-d

·
Registered
60,591 Posts
Nick, don't know what part of SY you're from but we're not exactly short of Oris ADs. If you normally use one of the larger chains and they don't help you try one of the smaller places.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts