To read the update on the Project 300 News Page,The Project 300's case components have entered the mass production phase. The only part that is awaiting approval for mass production is the end-link for the bracelet. As noted earlier we do not anticipate this creating any delays in the delivery timetable.
This is :-!MKII has posted this Project Update:
To read the update on the Project 300 News Page,
Go To ---> 2016-09-16: Project 300 Update
View attachment 9411858
Most likely you'll select your configuration upon final payment.Sooo glad I got a pre-order in! Does anyone know at what stage will the option for date or non-date be done? And how?
Thank you for your support and patience.
- Case parts are in the final phases of manufacturing
- The bracelet end-link has been approved for mass production and production is currently in process
- Best estimate right now is that we will begin QC of the case parts in Q1 of 2017. If all goes well delivery should be able to begin in the summer of 2017
- We will be taking photos and preparing the web site for receipt of final selections and payments. We expect that we will start ordering for the Plankowners in February/March of 2017. We will follow the same process as we did with the Project GMT where we will open up ordering in batches. The expectation is that we will contact one group approximately each month.
This will likely be the last update before 2017 so we wanted to wish everyone a wonderful holiday season and all the best for 2017!
Does Bill have a staff? Lots of "we" and not "I". From reading the posts I get the impression he has at least one other person helping.
Here is the current status of the Project 300:
As always thank you for your patience and support of the Project 300.
- Case parts have begun to arrive.
- Bracelet is still in production. The EP (end-pieces) are still in production. We had some comments on the finishing and saw an updated EP last month and sent them our feedback earlier this month.
- We have finished the review of the non-date dial sample and that should be going into production in March. Right now we are prepping the sample for the catalog photos so that we can finalize the ordering page.
- We are still reviewing the date version of the Project 300 dial.
- We will resume the production of the hands next month. We had been testing the supply chain and are comfortable with proceeding with the mass production of the hands. This will take more time than normal since we are sub-contracting with a specialist in lume application to finish the hands. To compensate for this we will start the production of the hands as soon as possible.
- QC will begin soon and we will start contacting Plankowners to submit their final selections and payments next month. We have to shoot the catalog photos before we can open final selection.
Caving in and buying an MKII isn't a bad thing..especially when it's a Limited Edition forum project! ;-)I caved and put an order in, couldn't stay away, I love the pics I've seen. Is the prod version going to have a white date wheel as well? I actually like the look better, but haven't seen this discussed at all and seems the originals were black, so hoping to confirm.
You're welcome. Congrats on getting in on your first MKII. I'm going with non date as well.Thanks for sharing the update. I pre-ordered at the end of December (newbie). Happy to see the progress on the non-date dial, as I plan to order non-date. Eagerly awaiting......
Actually, this will be my second MKII. I picked up a Blackwater through a forum sale a couple of years ago. The 300 will be my first MKII built just for me|>You're welcome. Congrats on getting in on your first MKII. I'm going with non date as well.