WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Select design options

1 - 20 of 427 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(A note from the moderating team: this is not a Watchuseek authorized project.)

UPDATED on 10 January 2021

Good afternoon, fellow-inmates who suffer from "watch disorder".

As one can say, if you want a watch, make it yourself.

Due to the simultaneous appearance of the second project - it's wise to make this project different and contemporary.

Meranom's NVCH as I can assume disappointed some of us - as Meranom promised a design very similar to the original watch, thin and graceful. As a result, we got a big puck. Someone liked it. Not me.

Once I owned this watch - click. Looked good, it had drawbacks - small size, and the bezel was fastened with a rather controversial decision, the crown screwed in strangely.

Therefore - an updated new project for the NVCH watch:
  • Size 41 mm, keeping the proportions of the original NVCH watch, "eared".
  • Full steel case including bezel.
  • Unidirectional bezel (or bi-directional, clicks - to be determined).
  • Automatic movement 2415.
  • Possible engraving on the back cover - to be determined since it's not a clear theme - proposals are wellcome.
  • Ф-arrows.
  • Domed sapphire.
  • Восток on the dial (it would be assembled by the factory, so it's legitimate).

In general - NVCH: thin, eared, yours.

Link to the Russian forum thread.

Prototype (general view, design):

Who will be involved in the project:
  • Organizationally - me.
  • The technical part - the execution of the iron part of the project will be performed by the forum member Anth (USSR, Blue Samara).

Price and number of watches:
* Cost:
** $ 300 on Russian mechanism 2415. Breakdown of payment - payment in stages - 70 at the beginning deposit) - better up to 15 January 2021, 130 - ordering cases (February-March), 100 - assembly (May).
** Or at the very beginning $ 270 (net) - i.e. up to 15 January 2021.

* Quantity: 250 pieces.

* Payments: PayPal, nonreturnable deposit - payment "for a family". For other options - it would be separate "products".

* Term of the project: no more than a year.

Questions, comments, suggestions?

Member list.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
hi, I am conceptually interested, but there are some points that I do not find clear.
In "preorder" you can see a price about 300$, right? production will be done outside the "vostok" realm, therefore China?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'd make it as close as possible to the original looks-wise. Have 2 no-date options with either the 2209 or 2409, and a date version with (presumably) a basic-grade 2892. I'm against using the 2824 or 2416, as I see them being too bulky with no advantages. As for the engraving, I'd stick with a forum logo and technical specifications as standard - anything else (Aurora or otherwise) comes at an additional cost.

As for practical concerns:
-I think there should be a webpage for everyone to submit payments. Or, a representative for each individual forum that people can forward money to using Paypal and etc.
-Who's making this watch? Is it a couple of guys with tools in a garage, or will the parts be outsourced to various manufacturers and assembled by the forum member? Warranty? Returns? When can we expect a prototype?

That's it for now.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi, I am conceptually interested, but there are some points that I do not find clear.
In "preorder" you can see a price about 300$, right? production will be done outside the "vostok" realm, therefore China?
Yes, outside "Vostok", China.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Interested
One question.... case dimension of the original is 38 or 41mm?

Inviato dal mio SM-A505FN utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd make it as close as possible to the original looks-wise. Have 2 no-date options with either the 2209 or 2409, and a date version with (presumably) a basic-grade 2892. I'm against using the 2824 or 2416, as I see them being too bulky with no advantages. As for the engraving, I'd stick with a forum logo and technical specifications as standard - anything else (Aurora or otherwise) comes at an additional cost.

As for practical concerns:
-I think there should be a webpage for everyone to submit payments. Or, a representative for each individual forum that people can forward money to using Paypal and etc.
-Who's making this watch? Is it a couple of guys with tools in a garage, or will the parts be outsourced to various manufacturers and assembled by the forum member? Warranty? Returns? When can we expect a prototype?

That's it for now.
Thanks for the questions!

• What page would be comfortable - I supposed to use PayPal for payments from abroad. My PayPal.
  • It would be parts outsourced from China (dial, case, hands), Russia - movements, and assembled in Russia - I have at least two reliable watch masters that I'm working with for years. Warranty/returns - yes, if it's production failure.

Prototype for sure.

The engraving or silver insert would be like this (without dates and small coats of arms)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Registered... but i couldn't choose any number.
Is that correct? Does it have a serial number or not?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thanks for the questions!

• What page would be comfortable - I supposed to use PayPal for payments from abroad. My PayPal.
  • It would be parts outsourced from China (dial, case, hands), Russia - movements, and assembled in Russia - I have at least two reliable watch masters that I'm working with for years. Warranty/returns - yes, if it's production failure.

Prototype for sure.

The engraving or silver insert would be like this (without dates and small coats of arms)

View attachment 15579207
Interesting. One thing to note is that a lot of Chinese manufacturers do their bezels differently. Whereas the Vostok system is basically a retaining wire(?) and a rotating ring, some Chinese watches use 2 wires. One to make the bezel "click" and one sandwiched between the rotating ring and the case to hold it down. And the final assembly is only completed when the bezel insert is glued in. I'm paraphrasing my watchmaker who ran into some of these watches and he said it's absolutely disgusting to reassemble. There's a Youtube video that points this out better than me.

I don't know if you're planning on making a bezel with an insert or just keeping it plain like to original, but I'd ask the suppliers to keep all the parts as simple and serviceable as possible; in the spirit of a true Vostok.

Also, what's the water resistance on the new watch? If possible, I'd even have the original gaskets recreated.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting. One thing to note is that a lot of Chinese manufacturers do their bezels differently. Whereas the Vostok system is basically a retaining wire(?) and a rotating ring, some Chinese watches use 2 wires. One to make the bezel "click" and one sandwiched between the rotating ring and the case to hold it down. And the final assembly is only completed when the bezel insert is glued in. I'm paraphrasing my watchmaker who ran into some of these watches and he said it's absolutely disgusting to reassemble. There's a Youtube video that points this out better than me.

I don't know if you're planning on making a bezel with an insert or just keeping it plain like to original, but I'd ask the suppliers to keep all the parts as simple and serviceable as possible; in the spirit of a true Vostok.

Also, what's the water resistance on the new watch? If possible, I'd even have the original gaskets recreated.
Plain - as per photo of prototype.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Goddamit, why do these projects come so close one after the other?.... In a few months I would've said yes, but now with the Sadko, the group buy from Zlatoust and a bidding on ebay, it's just too much... But best of luck with the project, maybe some day I'll buy it off from a forum member or on ebay...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Goddamit, why do these projects come so close one after the other?.... In a few months I would've said yes, but now with the Sadko, the group buy from Zlatoust and a bidding on ebay, it's just too much... But best of luck with the project, maybe some day I'll buy it off from a forum member or on ebay...
Actually the biggest part of the payment will be next year october

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can now "book" the reduced price for a little part of the price and pay it by parts further?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Actually the biggest part of the payment will be next year october

Ah..no... i didn't realize month and day are exchanged from what i am used to .

Question for the project manager.

To have 300$ payment must be done within 10 january?!? Or first october?

However... i'm in

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ah..no... i didn't realize month and day are exchanged from what i am used to .

Question for the project manager.

To have 300$ payment must be done within 10 january?!? Or first october?

However... i'm in

10 January - European date - I changed it for 100 % understoodable.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I've opened up the spreadsheet in Google Chrome but I cannot enter any information into it. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Wait, let me get this straight - if we pre-order and pay the 300 dollars now, we don't know how the watch will look like in the end (for example I would like sapphire, but I see plexyglass is leading the polls, or the size - I would like it bigger, but more people like it smaller etc.)? When will we know how the watch will look like exactly?

1 - 20 of 427 Posts