WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Select design options

321 - 340 of 427 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Does anyone have contact info for old fox outside of here-Maybe from other groups where he's more active? He asked for help promoting the project, I posted it in the Vostok FB Group and it got some interest with multiple people but he's not responded to anyone and based on his profile here, he has not logged in over a month. I think its time for an update on the project...

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I am new to the party where do I go to sign up, thanks.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
While there is no need to sign up, the organizer is lost somewhere.
unfortunately this is true. I am still hopeful he will resurfaces or many people will lose 300$ we sent him. O well. Not the end of the world but this will just make future project more problematic. At least I will not be ready to send my money right away.

·
Premium Member
8,324 Posts
unfortunately this is true. I am still hopeful he will resurfaces or many people will lose 300$ we sent him. O well. Not the end of the world but this will just make future project more problematic. At least I will not be ready to send my money right away.
I don't think it'll make future WUS projects more problematic, watch.ru projects maybe. He hasn't been seen there since mid-June.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I don't think it'll make future WUS projects more problematic, watch.ru projects maybe. He hasn't been seen there since mid-June.
maybe for you it will not but for me it will across the board. Because I do not understand what prevents anyone from doing scams on Wus. Not saying yet that the OldFox is a scammer. Who knows. Maybe he will reappears. He loged in a week ago to the forum (well after people started looking for him) but did not respond to any questions. So you decide for yourself. For now I still believe in the good outcome.

·
Premium Member
8,324 Posts
maybe for you it will not but for me it will across the board. Because I do not understand what prevents anyone from doing scams on Wus. Not saying yet that the OldFox is a scammer. Who knows. Maybe he will reappears. He loged in a week ago to the forum (well after people started looking for him) but did not respond to any questions. So you decide for yourself. For now I still believe in the good outcome.
Yeah I noticed he was "seen" on the forum but hasn't responded tp any questions. That definitely does make it a bit more curious. All he has to do is say "no updates" or something.

As far as getting burned on a project goes, I've been part of several on WUS and Relojes Especiales and have never heard of a problem before. I've only been part of one on watch.ru and that went smoothly. Still, I get what you're saying. If you get scammed once, it's natural to feel nervous about doing it again.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
same here

and I was getting really excited for that bullhead bronze chrono, don't know what to think of it now -I guess Covid makes everything more difficult, but still...

hell I could've ordered the new Steeldive bronze diver for the money (and a bit more), at least I know from Aliexpress I'll get what I've ordered

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,412 Posts
maybe for you it will not but for me it will across the board. Because I do not understand what prevents anyone from doing scams on Wus
I would like to draw your attention to the opening line in red on the opening posts of this thread, also those for the Kronstadt and Sadko projects, and the Zlatoust meteorite dial group-buy:
"A note from the moderating team: this is not a Watchuseek authorised project."

Due to the particular interests of many of the members here, and the connections with other language forum groups, the reporting of other forums' projects has been welcomed here on Watchuseek's Russian watches forum. It would certainly be a shame if that has led to some members losing confidence in officially authorised Watchuseek projects.

In case there remains any confusion, the only projects currently being hosted by this forum are the Elektronika project (currently in the delivery phase) and the Compressor project (currently in the prototyping phase):

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Wow that really sucks and I am sorry to hear that, I hope everything works out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does anyone have contact info for old fox outside of here-Maybe from other groups where he's more active? He asked for help promoting the project, I posted it in the Vostok FB Group and it got some interest with multiple people but he's not responded to anyone and based on his profile here, he has not logged in over a month. I think its time for an update on the project...
I am here because of yout post.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
For unknown reasons oldfox hasn't been around for some time. I would suggest waiting until we know a bit more.

I am participating and have two thirds of two watches paid and would like to see this project to succeed. So, I am asking for you to retain your interest but hold a little bit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
For unknown reasons oldfox hasn't been around for some time. I would suggest waiting until we know a bit more.

I am participating and have two thirds of two watches paid and would like to see this project to succeed. So, I am asking for you to retain your interest but hold a little bit.
I appreciate your suggestion and will do exactly this. Thanks

·
Registered
2,458 Posts

well there's nothing else to do now but wait....

·
Registered
31 Posts
I love Vostok design, but I have an issue with almost every Vostok watch: the bi-directional bezel. That’s why I am a fan of every Vostok watch that does not use this system. And I want almost all Vostok watches without this bezel. : o )

321 - 340 of 427 Posts