WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Select design options

341 - 360 of 427 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
He logged in into the russian forum (as per the forum stats) a week or so ago but did not leave any messages. So lets just sit tight for now.
As though we have options? :) hahaha..I'm sure he'll resurface shortly, but I just presume everyone is ready for an update, even an update that there is no updates.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
What is the issue with the bidirectional bezel?
for people who will actually use the watch for diving and use the bezel as intended the oposite direction existential movement may cause death…. You will run out of oxygen. But for most of us the is no issues. Even if I would dive (that I highly doubt) I would not rely on any Vostok watch… despite how I love them there are better tools available now for divers

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
for people who will actually use the watch for diving and use the bezel as intended the oposite direction existential movement may cause death…. You will run out of oxygen. But for most of us the is no issues. Even if I would dive (that I highly doubt) I would not rely on any Vostok watch… despite how I love them there are better tools available now for divers
However have the Soviet military divers with an Agat with no bezel at all managed to survive?

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Yet its a design used by many for decades. I think the key is knowing how to set tension on them. Should I choose to dive in a vostok, I would have no fear of inaccuracies. my bezels are all very tight and it takes a very deliberate action to move them. That being said, 99% of modern dive watches are never used by divers on a regular basis. lol

·
Premium Member
8,324 Posts
I'm on watch.ru daily. I don't see any posts from him since mid June, although his "last activity" on the forum was July 30, perhaps he just logged in that day but didn't posts or "like" anything. He's been on that forum many years so the silence seems odd.
No point in speculation, just wait and see.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I'm on watch.ru daily. I don't see any posts from him since mid June, although his "last activity" on the forum was July 30, perhaps he just logged in that day but didn't posts or "like" anything. He's been on that forum many years so the silence seems odd.
No point in speculation, just wait and see.
people who paid him via Russian channels that involve phone number should be able to try to call him… I just sent him a direct email. lets see.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I just went back to my payments and I had the whereabouts to send them plus the fees so I have PayPal protection and can start a case if I choose. I don't want to but there's limited time left before that option will be gone.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I just went back to my payments and I had the whereabouts to send them plus the fees so I have PayPal protection and can start a case if I choose. I don't want to but there's limited time left before that option will be gone.
I sent him as ‘friend and family’ so I am pretty sure I cannot claw back my money. O well. For now I will wait but eventually forget about it and move on.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I sent him as ‘friend and family’ so I am pretty sure I cannot claw back my money. O well. For now I will wait but eventually forget about it and move on.
Its not a lot of money individually, but for such a reputable member of the Russian watch community to effectively turn his back on the project when he has some money from a lot of people is a bit concerning. I'm more than patient and I understand that these things can take time and "**** happens"... but nothing for from him on multiple groups is a bad sign.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Its not a lot of money individually, but for such a reputable member of the Russian watch community to effectively turn his back on the project when he has some money from a lot of people is a bit concerning. I'm more than patient and I understand that these things can take time and "**** happens"... but nothing for from him on multiple groups is a bad sign.
The only possibly that I see, unfortunately, is that he got sick and is not in a state to check forums…

·
Registered
755 Posts
I paid for 4 watches...:(

341 - 360 of 427 Posts