WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Select design options

421 - 428 of 428 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Making light of the crap situation he has put all of us in was not intended to make him move faster. It was exactly that... if you choose not to find humor in it, then so be it, it wasn't for you anyway. The lack of follow up on his part in this group is clearly deliberate and unacceptable. There is no reason to defend him at this point.
You are right, I'm beyond making light of the crap situation. The problem is when I see the thread bumped, I think oh, maybe there's an update, but it's usually just wishing and hoping.
The last thing I'm doing is defending anyone. The fact that he's logging into watch.ru means he's capable of using a computer and typing a few sentences with an update.
Regardless, I continue to monitor watch.ru daily, but it's the same thing over there as it is here. People wishing and hoping he comes out of hiding to say something.

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
The problem is when I see the thread bumped, I think oh, maybe there's an update, but there never is.
The last thing I'm doing is defending anyone. The fact that he's logging into watch.ru means he's capable of using a computer and typing a few sentences with an update.
I agree. He has the money of many people here yet won’t tell us what is the official status is. None of us have an actual choice but to wait and I’m sure he is well aware of that. I think I can speak for many when I say I don’t care what the status is, but taking the time to put any update would be professional. He’s proven he has the time… and how much time does it REALLY take?

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Update from OldFox was posted on Russian forum today.

Господа, я может я немного перегибаю с тем, что напишу ниже, но это, наверняка снимет напряжённость некоторую, а некая отстранённость - для снятия драматизма момента (исключительно для меня):
Получилось так, как получилось, но я в середине весны развёлся, какое-то время держался, но вот летом догнало, поэтому был не в форме/прострации.
Понимаю, что это сказалось на проекте, но, как я и говорил, с т.з. добросовестности в отношении денег - всё ок, ничего не растрачено.

Сейчас обсуждаем с Антоном каким способом оплатить создание прототипа и жду от него отмашки. Всем на письма/ЛС отвечу в ближайшее время.”

Brief summary is that he went via divorce and cound not focus on the project. Now he is back and is discussing the prototype manufacturing with the guy who will be making the watches. He will respond to all direct mails soon.

I would say we should lay off for while and let the prototype development happen.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #424 ·
Good day to all!
Sorry for delay in answer to everyone who wrote me. I want to relieve the tension that occurred in the project: it happened as it happened, but I got divorced in the middle of spring, it was ok for a while, but in the summer it caught up, so I was not in shape / prostration.
I understand that this affected the project, but, as I said, in relation to money - everything is ok, nothing has been wasted (I’ve seen now some posts that says that it could be).

Now we order and pay for a prototype and equipment for the production of a rest of the watches.

I’ll answer to all in PM shortly.

·
Premium Member
3,037 Posts
Good day to all!
Sorry for delay in answer to everyone who wrote me. I want to relieve the tension that occurred in the project: it happened as it happened, but I got divorced in the middle of spring, it was ok for a while, but in the summer it caught up, so I was not in shape / prostration.
I understand that this affected the project, but, as I said, in relation to money - everything is ok, nothing has been wasted (I’ve seen now some posts that says that it could be).

Now we order and pay for a prototype and equipment for the production of a rest of the watches.

I’ll answer to all in PM shortly.
Great news and I'm very sorry to have read of your situation at home. If most of the group is like in the USA, many of us have gone through divorce as well. Please keep us updated good or bad with developments in th e project as they occur.

Looking forward very much to seeing progress!

·
Registered
63 Posts
OldFox,
Thank you for the update, and you have my condolences regarding the divorce. I'm in the middle of one and I know how distracting and disrupting it can be. I'm sorry for that.
That being said, thank you also for your contacting me after my inquiry. I have sent you 1/2 down payment for watch number 49, in red.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Nice to have you back OldFox.

Divorce must be one of the biggest sources when it comes to stress, burnout and even depression. I can admit that I was worried about this project when you suddenly went absent. I am glad that you are back.

On my behalf, take all the time you need to recover. But sometimes hobbies like this can help a lot too. Just don't let this stress you too much. I have waited for Sadko quite awhile. And our very quick Elektronika-project took a little longer than expected. But they were worth it. And so will be this too.

421 - 428 of 428 Posts