·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

German watch enthusiast Lothar Wingenbach is going to launch his tool watch:
The LOWIN AA1

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Some aspects remind me of Stowa (dial: Seatime, lugs: Antea), nevertheless - it get's a :-!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I assume he will be using an ETA movement. I think it is a great looking watch and am excited to read more on his project. I am not too sure about the symbol on the upper part of the dial, but it is his watch. It just seems a little big.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I like the 'puristic' design. But from these pictures, it seems to me as if this watch is pretty high? The bezel looks as if it tops the rest of the watch for another couple of milimeters? No idea, if this will be a handicap for the daily usage...

Regards

Nauticus (Niels)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Is it another version of a Fricker cased tool watch?
It's not ugly, but will it sell among all those other tool watches?
Or is there a hidden gem?, no ETA movement?, something else to make it different to those competitors?
I hope so.

Cheers,

Daddel.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Who´s that guy, Mike ? Never heared of him. :think:
Well, spend more time surfing the net!

This guy started in 2002 with a chrono of his own (in small limitation). He´s known on the german and austrian watchfora and recently posted on schmuckecke.de

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, can´t help you out. Clean your cache, update your browser. What about your cookie setting ?

For me the link it´s clearly visible :-S

·
Registered
529 Posts
Great!

That is a nice looking watch. The very simplicity of it just makes it lovely to own! :-!

German watch enthusiast Lothar Wingenbach is going to launch his tool watch:
The LOWIN AA1

·
Registered
4,415 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'am Lowin

Hi All,
I would like to apologize for my bad English first.

I discover this Thread coincidental and i am glad to see a very honest discussion about my watch.:-!

Maybe i can give you few infos about the Watch.

1.) Waterprotect...I hope about 1000feed. I think the very thick Saphir glas(domed 5mm) will show the Limit because the diameter is very great(38mm). The Saphir Glas is not a standard saphir glas and it is made for this watch only.

2.) The Lunette will be hold from 12 screws he get trough the the Watch bottom and the Watch case. And the Lunette hold the seal above the glas with a step in it. Therefore the Glas is protect against below atmospheric pressure.

3.) Multiple sealed screwed crowne(I think it is also waterprotected if the crowne not in save position but i have still to test it)

4.) The case material is very tough. The matrial is not rusting, acid-proof and high seawater fit.

5.) The Band is leather with kevlar inlays(at the moment i have to test the feasibility )

6.) Movement ETA 2824

7.) Dial is mill without a solid

8.) probably i will build to different watch's with different dials

9.) I think the first Watch will be done around August.

If you have any questions or suggestions i would be very glad if you ask or tell me anything.

Greatings from cold and sunny cologne(Germany)
- Lowin -

1 - 20 of 45 Posts