WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
At fact it is very interesting for me, why in soviet times, and also today Laika is not used as symbol in watchmaking and culture. There is dog that, as I remember, was caught on the streets of Moscow and than become a Space Dog. Of course, it was one way ticket journey, but still it is very nice metafor.
I know only about two clocks dedicated to Laika - it is a Slava alarm-clock and one wristwatch of.. Swatch. :) Recommend to you guys, to search in googles for it. Looks weird, but still amazing. This watch from upside is ok, but without graphics on dial there is nothing connected to Laika and entourage of Space Dog.

On the other hand, there was even romance story (and puppies of course) between two rocket dogs from Laika space-team.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Poor dog. :(
This was my thought . But , I've been looking for a dog themed one for two years in memory of our dog Poppy , which I intend to have engraved on the back.
20151204_134138.jpg

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I think you're both right,but if it had to be one for the one way ticket I would also have to pick Khrushchev.Didn't he threaten to bury us? A rather nasty comment.Plus Khrushchev would have been able to verbally transmit valuable data,so in the interest of science it would have made more sense.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I think you're both right,but if it had to be one for the one way ticket I would also have to pick Khrushchev.Didn't he threaten to bury us? A rather nasty comment.Plus Khrushchev would have been able to verbally transmit valuable data,so in the interest of science it would have made more sense.
Lots of people in Russia would share the sentiment but for completely different reasons. First his attack on Stalin legacy and second for cutting orchards in villages and towns. And he meant to bury colonialism as a system, not Western democracy.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Lots of people in Russia would share the sentiment but for completely different reasons. First his attack on Stalin legacy and second for cutting orchards in villages and towns. And he meant to bury colonialism as a system, not Western democracy.
That's another good reason to send him up, dogs and trees are two of my favorite things.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
One thing you are forgetting mate,and it means almost guaranteed he would have returned to earth.....he will always be remembered for his U-turn capabilities....Remember Cuba! :)

Reactions: tokareva

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
One of the great things of this Russian watch board is the occasional side track to Russian politics and history - both are inextricably linked to Russian watch production.

Mr. K was the master of obfuscation and his statements could be taken in many ways - and he did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_will_bury_you

1 - 20 of 247 Posts