WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Does anyone here have the ProMare Go? I'm looking at adding one to the collection and am not sure about the bi-directional bezel. I've had a watch previously that had one and noticed that it was kind of loose from the onset. Thank you.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,123 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Hi wavefun, welcome to the forum!

Where are you located in the world? If you are in Germany, finding a Mühle Glashütte AD would be easy, and you could try the action of the bezel yourself.

Can you let us know what sort of watch you had previously with the loose bezel ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I used to have a Seebataillon, with bidirectional bezel.
That Mühle bezel had the best action I have ever experienced in a watch.

I wouldn't worry about it, knowing the quality watches Mühle produces.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not in Germany, but am here on occasion for work travel. I live in a small town in the US, with no AD nearby. I do have a good AD that is affiliated with Mühle Glashütte, so sourcing one is not a problem.

The previous watch I had with loose bi-directional bezel was a Hamilton Khaki Aviation GMT.

·
Premium Member
33,530 Posts
All of the MG watches I have owned have always had tight tolerances on their bezels and excellent overall quality and machine work.

I would not lose any sleep over this issue.....

Get your watch and enjoy it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have handled one. Beautiful finishing and overall, a very pretty design. The bezel action was smooth but required very little pressure to move. It dodn't bother me at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry fo reviving an old thread but i recently bought a Muehle and hesitated between the ProMare Go and the ProMare Datum. I tried both and they both felt and wore great however the bezel on the Go was turning too easily for my taste (might have been that one model i am not sure) and I thought it was a let down given the rest of the watch is so high quality. I purchased the ProMare Datum instead and it really is a tank. It radiates quality and robustness... can't speak highly enough of this watch.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Sorry fo reviving an old thread but i recently bought a Muehle and hesitated between the ProMare Go and the ProMare Datum. I tried both and they both felt and wore great however the bezel on the Go was turning too easily for my taste (might have been that one model i am not sure) and I thought it was a let down given the rest of the watch is so high quality. I purchased the ProMare Datum instead and it really is a tank. It radiates quality and robustness... can't speak highly enough of this watch.
I'm also guilty of reviving an old thread, but as I just acquired the ProMare Go about 2 months ago, and have just now seen this thread, and have had time to become familiar with the watch, I wanted to 'chime in' since there have been some questions about the bezel. Plus, I recently had the Sea-Timer BlackMotion, which had a very similar feeling bi-directional bezel.

The best way I can describe the bezel is that it is similar to the Sinn 104, in that it doesn't 'click' so much, as it 'thucks', if that makes sense. The Sinn 104's bezel has a bit more resistance than the Mühle bezels, but not once, in the time that I wore them both, did the bezel get 'bumped' or accidentally moved. It's plenty solid, and not light or flimsy at all, IMO. But if you are looking for a 'tight/loud' click, then this bezel isn't for you, but I much, personally enjoy these bezels; they have an amazing feel to them, and I prefer these to the standard 'clicky' dive bezels that are the norm in a standard diver. They also are not too far removed from the Damasko bezels on the DA-series 'sport/pilot' watches.

Bottom line--the bezels are quality-made, so it just depends on what you like in a bezel action. But I wouldn't worry about it being weak, or moving off target--again, it never moved unless I willed it to--but if you are hoping for a tight, satisfying 'click', you will be likely be disappointed. I however, wish more bezels had action like the ProMare Go and Sea-Timer BlackMotion, or Sinn 104, or Damasko DA-series watches...

Reactions: Erik_H

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello, I discovered this thread because I'm very interested in acquiring the ProMare Go, and wondered if anyone on this thread could help with a lingering question that is making me put off a decision until I can get an answer. Could anyone provide the lug-to-lug measurement please? I can wear a 42mm comfortably, but find myself leaning more towards a 40mm these days. I note that the ProMare lugs appear longer than some of their other 42mm models, and was wondering whether it would rest comfortably on my wrist. Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have tried this wonderful watch with difficulty here in Italy. The brand has few dealers and no one had the model at home to let me at least see it in real life.
Finally, after calling at least 6 shops, I managed to find it about 120 km from my home!
Well the watch is truly fantastic, it is certainly worth more than its price.
As for the lug to lug, as you can also see from the images in a video on youtube, on a 19 wrist it fits perfectly, so it will be a little big on a smaller wrist.
I recommend trying it on my wrist but one thing is certain, it is the next watch I will buy in the coming weeks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts