WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one do you all like better, the black or sunburst grey/Rhodium dial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Grey is definitely "dressier." What else do you have in your collection?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Black is awesome that's what I had. Never cared for the grey color on the propilot.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
A few, but no Pilot. I have Tudor North Flag, Batman, 16220, Oyster Quartz, a couple of PAMs, Oris 65 42, Alpinist, Glycine combat, and some affordables.

This will be my only Pilot watch. I had an Alpina startimer but sold it because the 44mm size is too big.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
A few, but no Pilot. I have Tudor North Flag, Batman, 16220, Oyster Quartz, a couple of PAMs, Oris 65 42, Alpinist, Glycine combat, and some affordables.

This will be my only Pilot watch. I had an Alpina startimer but sold it because the 44mm size is too big.

It sounds like you have other stuff that you can use as a dress watch. Then I agree with the other posters to go with the black dial.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I think I landed on black as it's the more classic color for a pilot watch. The sunburst gray looks good just not a classic pilot watch color if that makes sense.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Black is great on that. I have the Calibre 111 which has the anthracite and it is nice but does impact legibility, especially with the curved / domed sapphire crystal.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
I had both. They are both nice but sold the black and kept the grey. Never have an issue with legibility and the grey sunray dial and polished hands make it a bit different. The bezel is polished as well vs the all matte bezel on the black dial.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts