WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,

I am interested in buying myself one of the Seiko Turtle "Save the Ocean" watches, searching Gnomon, I see there is this "black" variant, however in one of the pictures the steel looks completely black, even matte black, but in the rest of the gallery the metal looks more like a shiny dark steel color. I wonder if any actual owner could verify which one is the correct one? If you don't mind sharing a picture would be awesome.

Thank you!
Ricardo

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Prospex "SAVE THE OCEAN" Turtle Black question to owners

The top half of the case is matte-brushed and the bottom half is polished. The bracelet is matte-brushed also, but the slivers between the links are polished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sadly the one on the right was the one I really like, shiny, dark silver. I assumed those Gnomon beauty shots were just too perfect :). I guess I will go with the classic silver finish then. Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are 2 versions of it, SRPC91K1 and SRPD11K1. SRPC91K1 was launched in 2018 and SRPD11K1 in 2019. And Seiko was made JDM version of SRPD11K1, that is SBDY027 which is in your photo.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are 2 versions of it, SRPC91K1 and SRPD11K1. SRPC91K1 was launched in 2018 and SRPD11K1 in 2019. And Seiko was made JDM version of SRPD11K1, that is SBDY027 which is in your photo.
I see, the 91 is the steel finish, the 11 is the black finish and the 027 is the same black but for the Japanese market. Gnomon sell both versions for the JDM, but the steel is significantly cheaper because it comes with rubber strap only.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I see, the 91 is the steel finish, the 11 is the black finish and the 027 is the same black but for the Japanese market. Gnomon sell both versions for the JDM, but the steel is significantly cheaper because it comes with rubber strap only.
Yea I forgot to mention, there is JDM version of SRPC91K1, that is SBDY021.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts