WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up my first high-end watch which has the combination of a polished back and a bracelet. It's already stared to pick up some scratches.:-:)-:)-( I was wondering what others do to protect the back? Obviously putting the watch around a pillow is the ideal, but I travel quite a bit, so it's going to spend time on nightstands, and probably packed into a travel case form time to time. Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Michael

·
1,261 Posts
I have used a wash cloth in hotel rooms. I just roll it up and put it inside the bracelet.

I have a microfiber towel I use at home to wipe the watch off each day. At night, I slide the cloth through the bracelet to keep the case back from scratching.

Chris

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
A small piece of Saran (plastic ) wrap works great. Just put it on the back, or better still, wrap the whole Watch head when stored or not wearing it, and Voila ! no scratches.

KPB

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
A lot of folks tend to leave the plastic sticker on the back of the case when they get the brand new watch. I have done this on a few. You could also cut out a round piece of clear packing tape and stick it on there.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Micheal I have never tried this product but came across it recently this may be what you are looking for, from a sponsor on the sales pg.
called the Watch Bottom "it is leather too."

for Covering Case Backs, Hypo-Allergenic document.write(''); document.write('Item No.: ' + (actualProd[0]) + ''); document.write('');Item No.: H 90364002

http://www.watchband.biz/pd1115885899.htm?defaultVariants=search0_EQ_Non-Punched_AND_{EOL}&categoryId=35

Regards
Robt
I recently picked up my first high-end watch which has the combination of a polished back and a bracelet. It's already stared to pick up some scratches.:-:)-:)-( I was wondering what others do to protect the back? Obviously putting the watch around a pillow is the ideal, but I travel quite a bit, so it's going to spend time on nightstands, and probably packed into a travel case form time to time. Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Michael

·
Registered
767 Posts
Socks, Michael. I travel a lot around South East Asia and usually carry two watches with me, a good digital multi-function beater like a Casio, and a quality watch to wear out with customers etc.

The Casio is on my wrist through airports and the like in case I have to take it off for scanners or I'm on crowded public transport, the good one is closed around a sock inserted into another sock (yes, the other one of the pair) in my carry-on. This doesn't add anything to the luggage weight or more importantly bulk like a watch pillow would, as I'm taking spare socks with me anyway, surprise surprise.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow,some great suggestions! I gotta say, the socks idea really strikes me, since, like you, I'm travelling with socks anyway!

Thanks again, my new Breitling is very grateful!:-!:-!

-Michael

1 - 8 of 8 Posts