WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, it's been quite a while since I've posted.... My G collection stopped growing a couple of years ago, as I'm not terribly impressed with many of these new models. The new Masters of G's just don;t quite hold up to their ancestors, IMHO.... But I do check in time to time to lurk and see what's new.

The latest ProTrek (1500) is COOL!

....and of course I'd normally just spring out for the YTJ, but I am holding back until the issue of measurement units (fahrenheit vs celsius, etc) is solved here on the forum, as well as to whether or not the bracelet has DLC on it or not.

It seems to me that there is indeed a difference between the 3132 module in the YTJ and the 3134 module in the 1V/T-7V. Even though the (english) manual for the 3132 says you can change the measurement units, two users here (allanvalle, and shinec) have reported that the setting to change between Metric and Imperial standards do not show up as they do on the 1V/T-7V with the 3134 module (I checked). So it seems that Casio has indeed omitted a feature for their "Japan Only" version. :-|:-( Understandable, but snobby none the less.

Second, has anyone been able to settle the DLC issue on the band definitively?

·
7,483 Posts
Second, has anyone been able to settle the DLC issue on the band definitively?
Sounds like you like a big watch :-!

The biggest reason I would say it is most likely NOT DLC is because of the price of the MRG. Casio Justifies the high price of the MRG primarily due to the DLC.....to my understanding these Pathfinders being released are about HALF the cost of the MRG? :-s

I could be totally wrong though.

·
Registered
471 Posts
afaik, all Japan model use metric unit, no option for imperial unit.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Sounds like you like a big watch :-!

The biggest reason I would say it is most likely NOT DLC is because of the price of the MRG. Casio Justifies the high price of the MRG primarily due to the DLC.....to my understanding these Pathfinders being released are about HALF the cost of the MRG? :-s

I could be totally wrong though.
Yes, that makes some sense, but then it would seem pointless to DLC everything except the band which cops the most battering, especially if it's IP.

·
7,483 Posts
Is that the same band as the Giez SS IP band? :-s

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Sheesh, why put in a sapphire crystal, DLC the bezel and buttons (who cares?) and not the bracelet on something that's designed for tough outdoor use? :-s :roll:

·
Registered
6,892 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
The bracelet is DLC hardened. I tried scratching the extra link with keys and it doesn't scratch. Although I must say that the DLC is not as good as the DLC on the MR-Gs. I scratched the link with a carbide-tipped flathead screwdriver and it scratched the 1500 link. When I try to scratch the DLC on the MR-G there are no marks left.

Here is what the DLC holds up to on my MR-G with a carbide-tipped screwdriver.

I'm assuming the MR-G's have a purer layer of DLC than the black titan. The MR-Gs also have a more dark gray look at certain light angles where the 1500 is more black.

The catalog I received says DLC and it would be pathetic if Casio only DLCd the bezel and button. But I don't believe that to be the case. It definitely has some form of DLC also in the bracelet, but again not in a pure state as on the MR-GS.

For anyone who has owned a Luminox PVD'd watch, I'm sure you all hate when the PVD black layer comes off to reveal the silver SS. DLC PVD trumps regular PVD.

Don't try this on regular PVD:

·
Registered
471 Posts
[email protected]

u must have DLC heart to even try that. i will be scared to death to even think of trying that. u must be a proud user of DLC. MR-G poisoning detected. everyone run for your life

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Thanks for setting us straight Allan. And again, the Titan looks great, so I'm glad it isn't just IP coated...that would be pathetic. :-!

Nice comparison pics also. I think I'll start a thread dedicated to member's DLC experience as I'm sure us DLC vrigins would like to know more. ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts