WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know why but the compass isn't giving the real position now...so I wonder if you can tell me please how can I reset it to the original calibration (I tried to calibrate it but I didnt do it too well)? how can I reset the functions to the original one so I can use the compass again? thanks a lot:)

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Batman,

Try pages E-98 to E-100 of the manual (preforming bi-directional calibration and preforming northerly calibration).

Northerly Calibration:

In Compas mode press adjust until -1- apeared. Press mode. -N- appears in the display. Place the watch in a flat surface with the 12 o'clock position facing exactly north (by using another compass). Be sure there are no ferro metals or (electro) magnetic fields in the area of the watch. Now press "Compass" (top right button) and --- will apear during calibration. If the callibration is preformed succesfull, OK should be in the screen.

Bidirectional Calibration:

In Compass mode press adjust, so -1- shows in the display, while the pointer points to the 12o'clock position. Place the watch in any direction you want and start first callibration by pressing "Compass). When the calibration is preformed OK and -2- appears in the display. Now rotate the watch 180 degrees exactly. The pointer will point to the 6 o'clock position. Start callibrating with pressing the Compass button again. If OK is shown in the display with the angle, this callibration is preformed ok. If not, try again. If the display keeps showing ERR there could be something wrong with your compass sensor.

I hope this helps,

Sjors

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks :) I just did it and it's working fine, thanks a lot!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts