WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys this is my first Breitling, i just bought a SA white dial from a local AD here in Tampa yesterday, all i can say is... it's a stunning,macho,definitely not a low profile watch...in a very good way.My son was with me he's 15y/o and i took off my Rolex SS Submariner and made him wear it while i was enjoying the robust Super Avenger.I told my son he can have my Rolex when he graduates in college but not the SA. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think......... you have just embarked on the slippery slope to wanting to own more than one B....funny that. .......oh the bit about your lad and college, what a cool 'carrot' you've dangled under his nose there. I hope he does well at college.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pics coming soon. btw my son likes the Breitling SA more than the Rolex Sub SS black. I like them both though.:-!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey gjone,
I am in the same situation i own a rolex submariner with black dial-I've had it about 12 years and thinking about buying a SA with black dial-you don't think that the breitling is a step down from the rolex/that is the only thing stopping me from buying this beast

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey gjone,
I am in the same situation i own a rolex submariner with black dial-I've had it about 12 years and thinking about buying a SA with black dial-you don't think that the breitling is a step down from the rolex/that is the only thing stopping me from buying this beast
hey madison i know what you mean i had a hard time too my self but now that i have my Breitling SA white dial. it maybe a step down in price but not in looks,function or quality but what do i know this is my first Breitling. all i can say is it's like having a Ferrari and a Lambo.i hope this helps.Anyone pls tell me how to post pics here.

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
8,832 Posts
Hi gjone,

Posting images... click on the [go advanced] button at the bottom page when you reply to a post(if you are starting a thread this is visible from the get go) . On the next page displayed about half way down you will see a [manage attachments] button. Once on the next page you can browse to a folder on your hard disk and upload .jpg images up to 195Kb in size. If you can limit your images to under 640x480 in size they will display without having to scroll right on almost every screen out there. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think......... you have just embarked on the slippery slope to wanting to own more than one B....funny that. .......oh the bit about your lad and college, what a cool 'carrot' you've dangled under his nose there. I hope he does well at college.
Hey Portzed,
I believe you're right on the money there, I'm on the slippery slope to wanting to own more than n B-ling...and thank's n your dangled "carrot" comment that was funny and encouraging for my lad.

·
Registered
36 Posts
haha the SA looks like its gona eat the rolex

·
Registered
829 Posts
Man that's a crappy pic. If I didn't know better I'f think you were trying to sell it.;-)
Great watch though.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Guys this is my first Breitling, i just bought a SA white dial from a local AD ......
:-! congratulations on your SA

... almost the same situation..

After IWC, Glycine and some others I couldn't resist the white SA... like lot of us have said - we're sick - I am anyway.

White SA come yesterday, bracelet is sized and now it's ticking. It's a big fat chunk, but it doesn't looks so on the wrist because of outside bezel I think - Lagunare looks bigger and in fact is smaller.
It wears nice and comfortable, my wrist is 8.2.

Other reason why I got one SA and I am writing this is that last week in one of Breitling regional HQ in Europe I've heard one conversation (I've spoken only English with them so they didn't know that my German is goood - he he - it's good not to open your cards sometimes)...

.. and in that talk was mentioned that B is going to deliver already ordered SA, stop production of current SA model and pull out new designed SA from the bag next year.

It would be nice if someone who is familiar with B can confirm or deny this rumour.

Any "insiders" among us? :-s

sorry for worse photos than usual - it was a small Kodak camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
Much better pics, and great looking timepeices. :-!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts