WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - Forum new guy here. Just this week, I bough a PRS516 (black dial, brown strap) and love it. Its a beautiful watch and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm having a problem with the clasp, right now I have it set on the 3rd from last hole. When I put the watch on, I have really squeeze it over my hand; I've even scraped myself a few times. Has anyone else had this problem? What are my options for replacing the band? I really like the idea of a clasp vs. buckle, so if I could maintain that with a new strap I'd be happy!

Another question - Its also my first automatic; if I decide not to wear it every day, is there some way I can keep it wound without putting it on for a few hours?

Appreciate your help in advance.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Hi everyone - Forum new guy here. Just this week, I bough a PRS516 (black dial, brown strap) and love it. Its a beautiful watch and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm having a problem with the clasp, right now I have it set on the 3rd from last hole. When I put the watch on, I have really squeeze it over my hand; I've even scraped myself a few times. Has anyone else had this problem? What are my options for replacing the band? I really like the idea of a clasp vs. buckle, so if I could maintain that with a new strap I'd be happy!

Another question - Its also my first automatic; if I decide not to wear it every day, is there some way I can keep it wound without putting it on for a few hours?

Appreciate your help in advance.

Hi, and welcome to the forum :)

My PRS has a bracelet, but I've actually changed it to a leather strap at the moment, but one without the deployment clasp, as I find them a bit uncomfortable and have the same problem getting it on as I have skinny wrists so have it set as small as possible!!

I think you'll find most straps with a clasp will be roughly the same, but it might be worth looking round some strap sellers where you are to see what the options are??

As for keeping the watch wound.....you can buy a watch winder, but they're not always that cheap, and if it is cheap, I'd be dubious as to whether it was any good?!! Have a look here... http://www.watch-tool.de/shop.php

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
I sold my PRC200 on brown leather strap because of that :-|. My hand just didn't fit through with the deployment clasp, so I flipped it. A shame, because the strap and clasp looked smashing on that watch.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Am I going to run into the same problem with a PRC200 on SS bracelet?

Actually, come to think of it, if I could put the bracelet on the 516 and get a black strap for the 200, I'd be in good shape. Any idea if they're the same size? Would that work?

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
I've never had any problems with Tissot's metal bracelets. I have tried on at least 10 different models between mine and from family members, and all of them were perfect or I needed to tighten the bracelet to be perfect. Guess my hand is just too big for their leather with deployment clasp straps.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hey Guys,
I hope I'm not telling you something you have already tried. First I have to tell you that I have an 8.5 inch wrist.

When I first got my prs516 automatic, I thought my hand was too large to get through the clasp. I played around with the deployment clasp and found out that it opens from 2 directions. I felt kind of stupid about not knowing that it should open this way. When I put it on now, it fits easily over my hand and wrist.

As sort of a post script, the strap that came on the watch was a bit to small for my wrist. I went to my AD and got an extra large strap. It fits my wrist the way it is supposed to now. I can't help but wonder, however, what it would look like on a nice brown croc strap.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, I feel like an idiot. I'm so glad it opens 2 ways! Thanks for pointing that out Mr. Holmes. I do appreciate it.

Anyone have any info on the lug sizes of the PRS516 and PRC200? Getting a 200 this week and wanna know if I can fit the bracelet from the 200 on the 516.

·
5,124 Posts
Sure, that is what the winding crown is for; just give it a few turns every day. Don't be afraid of overwinding it. Automatics have a slip clutch so that once the mainspring is fully wound continuing to turn the crown has no effect. Usually about 30 turns will fully wind a watch that has completely run down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts