WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm a new member to this forum and I have a question.

I'm a soldier and this watch is very appealing to me in my line of work. I've owned a couple Suunto Vectors and I hate them because I already broke 2, not to mention they are very bulky. The G-Shocks are what we get issued and they have a reputation of being practically indestructible. Right now I'm looking at the 1300YTJ model because of the thinness and the tactical black features the watch offers, not to mention the titanium band makes me a cool guy among the platoon mates :-d. I just don't like the metric Temp, Barometer, and Altimeter readings.

Has anyone heard or know of this same black titanium watch being offered in standard Units of Measurement? Any help is very appreciated.

-PS. I already know of the PAW1300G, and that is what I'll get if there is no hope of the PRW1300YTJ converting to Standard units. And I'm not interested in any watch that isn't tactically black. Thanks for your time.

-Jonny

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Not sure about the units. The Japanese versions tend to be metric only since every country in the world but the US, Burma (Myanmar) and Liberia are metric (though many others that are still use imperial units anyway:-d). The pathfinders aren't g-shocks, though, so they're not designed to take the beating Gs are. I'm sure they're as tough as any other watch, though, if not tougher. If you have the scratch you might try to track down a prw11001jf which I believe has a Ti case (could be wrong); again, not sure on the units though. Anyway, maybe this'll bump it up a bit and someone more knowledgeable will come along. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I just don't like the metric Temp, Barometer, and Altimeter readings.
hi johe,

well that is a matter of opinion....

Has anyone heard or know of this same black titanium watch being offered in standard Units of Measurement?
....while the "standard units" are pretty much metric and not imperial. no offense, but imperial units are really an outdated anachronism.

as for your question: the black titanium PAW-13000 is only available with metric units, for the reasons statius already mentioned. its of course your decision to make, but in my opinion the black resin model PAW-1300G would be far more suitable for your job anyway, has both units metric/imperial and is a lot cheaper too...

regards, holger

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
The only reason I can see in getting the Jap pathy is for the model that has a sapphire crystal (ie. more scratch resist) and I believe the titanium finish is hardened unlike the US model (iirc)...

...it also costs about twice as much as a result, but probably tougher in active environments.

Hey, what the hell, get the Jap model, it'll probably last longer, and you'll learn metric which as Cal says, everyone else uses. You'll be bilingual when it comes to measurements unlike your platoon mates, and thus less likely to blow up Canadians. ;-)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'm going to get the 1300G like you said. Only reason I want the black titanium Japanese model is because it just looks so so sexy ... and I like high speed things. Also because I'm a 1 watch kinda guy and I don't really switch watches for different events. The Jap model would kind of fit into any scenario ... work, deployment, home, fancy dinner, etc...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'm going to get the 1300G like you said. Only reason I want the black titanium Japanese model is because it just looks so so sexy ... and I like high speed things. Also because I'm a 1 watch kinda guy and I don't really switch watches for different events. The Jap model would kind of fit into any scenario ... work, deployment, home, fancy dinner, etc...
"Jap" is offensive to many people. Please don't use it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

This is a forum that honors and repects the Japanese company Casio.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts