Sunrise sunset problem could be due to time zone or DST. I kinda agree Casio is trying too hard to have all the functions on one watch.I want to write about the watches Casio Pro Treck 7000
There are so many of good things written in all reviews that gives the impression that this watches are perfect, which is far from the truth.
I'll write my opinion on this model. It does not claim to be objective, but perhaps it will make you think of buying this model one more time.
So, I wanted to buy myself a sports outdoor watch to use both for extreme and everyday wear as unofficial.
Let's look on the functional side:
1. BAROMETER: everything is OK with it, except that the pressure values are displayed in either hPa or in inches of mercury (inHg). It is understandable that one cannot expect the Japanese watches consider the pressure in millimeters of mercury (an off-system unit distributed in the territory of the former USSR) and yes, I understand that the US market where another non-system unit is distributed - inches of mercury, is more promising than the CIS countries, but the fact remains that you are acquiring a device whose units of measurement need to be specifically translated into units accepted in your region. Do you want that? Why not release the firmware for Russian-speaking countries? Or not to add one more unit? It is not difficult after all!! From good: the watches lead a graph of pressure changes (though all in the same hecta Pascal), and you can set the mode in which they will measure this figure every 2 minutes. The schedule will be quite accurate, which in general can be used to predict weather changes. Although personally I do not quite understand why you need to measure it so often (every 2 minutes), if in normal mode the watch measures the pressure every half an hour, which in general will accurately show weather changes. Well, pressure does not change so often and so dramatically. But OK - they are measuring and it’s fine.
2. TEMPERATURE: here all more or less is normal: units of measurement - F (degrees Fahrenheit) and C (degrees Celsius). That is for everyone to be pleased. The truth is that the instruction does not indicate exactly where the sensor is located or what exactly reflects the measurement - the temperature on the wrist, that is the part of the clock that touches the wrist or on the "opened" part - the glass or the upper part of the body. Personally I think that it is on my wrist while the temperature was 3-5 degrees higher than the ambient temperature, which generally also lowers the "value" of this indicator, or it is necessary to remove the clock, put it on the flat surface and to measure outside the wrist.
3. ALTIMETER: everything is also OK, the unit of measurement is a meter that pleases me but ... the altimeters’ measurement depends on the pressure information and for 2 days of measurement I was twice at a height of 55 and three times at a height of 63 m measuring at the same point. Of course, you can consider the difference of 8 meters - as a statistical error but again the "value" of the measurement.
The next will be worse
4. MODE OF THE TIDE AND THE AGE OF THE MOON. Since I do not need data on the tide at all, I can not objectively assess their accuracy and convenience of display. But about the age of the moon - I will say: "Dear developers of the Pro Treck 7000 watch, I certainly understand that I was not buying a Smart-watch and I did not expect that you would include a beautiful animation illustrating the passage of the Earth's satellite in the sky, but add a graphic picture of the disk, which will be visible to the phase of the disk, you just could! "Well, it was not worth it to show the growing-full-descending drive of our beautiful satellite!!!" But no! You put only the age of the moon - 22 days, 14 days and so on. Yes, I know that the full lunar cycle lasts 29 days, yes I can tense up and think that the 14th day of the moon means that the moon is growing, you see about ¾ of the disk and so on. But tell me, if you really go into the usefulness of the data, is the phase of the moon less demanded information? And how many people in proportion need information about the exact age of the moon and how many is the phase?
5. TIME OF SUNRISE AND SUNSET: everything is relatively OK, but it is in my case that the watch "lies" for an hour, although the latitude and longitude data are correct for my locality. This indicator is not being directly corrected. Maybe later I'll figure out what the trouble is.
6. STOPWATCH: Well it's hard to screw up but the developers did it! First: this indicator is displayed after 7 presses on the mode button. SEVEN !!! So if you want to quickly record something, but it’s not that simple: be kind and press the button 7 times but not 8, if you "jump over" the stopwatch - press 12 more times! Would like to measure something quickly? Forget it, count seconds in your mind! It would be correctly. And the second: this generally refers not only to the stopwatch but since we are talking about it, I will say now. In this model, the electronic scoreboard is relatively small, the numbers are gray on a black background, which is not very bright, and the arrows of the "mechanical" watches on opposite are large and they close the electronic scoreboard "very well". And imagine, you need to detect something exactly while someone is running, for example. Then you pre-clicked 7 times before the stopwatch and want to count something very accurately. But no! You can simply not see the soft numbers that the mechanical arrows will close. Yes, they are removed to the side, there is such an option, but for this you need to simultaneously press 2 buttons, and the arrows will still return in 10 seconds. In short, to measure something on the stopwatch of this model is REALLY hard, believe me.
7. TIMER: here is the same thing as in the stopwatch plus in order to set the timer, you need to unscrew the head of the watch, scroll it by setting the correct time, note the time and screw the head back in order not to forget to do it later, because in this state the clock are being depressurized. That is, setting the timer in the mode of a potential threat of moisture (not in the water, but on a boat, for example, or with wet hands) is really dangerous because there is a risk of moisture ingress. In general, with this unscrewing head, which is the only way to correct almost all settings are many questions asked. I got the impression that the developers came up with this option and they liked it so much that they decided to "hang" on this head all that is possible and all that is impossible. Well, like children. What was wrong with controlling the timer from the buttons, as in earlier versions ?! Why make a lot of movements, if you can do so that they had to do less ?!
8. SYNCHRONIZATION WITH SATELLITE: this is for the dessert !! Everything seems cool: you synchronize the watch with the satellite - get the exact time! As in a fairy tale: all the time with accuracy up to a second. But no! If you do not live in one of the 38 cities that this watch is oriented on, then each synchronization will reset the current time and all other parameters (sunrise and sunset time, automatic daylight saving time, latitude and longitude) to the city indicated as the closest to the current time zone. I flew out like scooter to work an hour earlier after such synchronization, because Moscow time zone is closest to me, but an hour earlier. As a result, I disabled synchronization with the satellite and this option was one of the decisive factors in choosing this model!
9. ALARM: it signalises only 15 seconds (this number does not change). The signal is quiet. If you wake up and are already making coffee in hours you can hear it but if you hope that the watch wakes you up - you can call in advance to work and say that you'll oversleep tomorrow morning!
10. Now a few words about the so-called usefulness of this model: I will say about minuses, but there are pluses, though not much.
- So, as already wrote above, "mechanical" arrows quite firmly close the soft dial.
- Second, the scrolling of the clock mode change: the barometer-thermometer-recording of the height positions-the age of the moon and so on works only in one way. So you press the “mode change” button and scrolls through the list in one line. Scrolled through the necessary mode - your problems, flip it all over again. Well, why not creating the button in the opposite direction! It's not difficult, isn’t it? Especially since the buttons are classically four plus 1 for backlighting, well, not a little bit.
- The small arrow in the lower right corner of the watch is so beautiful and I thought that this is probably useful in the current time mode that is, in the mode that is usually the most used. But no! In the current time mode, it shows tides. That is, according to the developers, these watches will be used most by fishermen, yachtsmen or captains of ships. Well, really nothing more genius could not be invented for this arrow?!
- very beautiful backlight. The dial and arrows are illuminated.
- Pleasant appearance of the watch
- Carbon hand strap
- Sapphire crystal
On this all the pluses for me are exhausted.
If we take a common opinion, then the watch is does not worth the money that they ask for in the store. Yes, on e-bay or Amazon they are cheaper, but still $ 600 + shipping is about $ 700, this is the biggest fiasco for $ 700!
No pressure measurement units - mmHg
Arrows close the electronic scoreboard
It's inconvenient to switch to stopwatch mode
It is inconvenient to change the timer
There is no way to scroll through the reverse mode
Synchronization with the satellite resets the time and coordinate settings to the established city (for example, Moscow, since there is no Kyiv!)
No display of phases of the moon
Inaccurately displays the time of sunrise and sunset
Short and not loud alarm signal