WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got the white one from Toppers this summer and I love it! It's solid in my rotation and is a strap monster. I think I tripled my NATO collection as a result of buying this watch. However when the weather starts to get colder I move just about all of my watches onto their metal bracelets. The ones that don't come with bracelets, like the Glycine Airman, I always get an aftermarket one that does the trick.

This became an issue with the Khaki however as there was no real aftermarket option. I know there has been some buzz lately about the Seiko Alpinist bracelet being a direct fit, but the Khaki has a matte blasted finish and that bracelet is polished. My OCD wouldn't have any of that. IMO it's like driving a nice car with a mismatched color hood.

So one day I was browsing Watchrecon and I stumbled across a picture that immediately caught my eye, it looked so familiar that I just stared at it in disbelief. Someone was selling a Timex that looked just like my Hammy.

I peeped into the add, looked at the pics, grabbed the model number and off I went on the hunt. Turns out the watch is a Timex Allied. It's no longer on the Timex site but I was able to find pics of it online and a YouTube video review. It's a 40mm watch with 20mm lugs, but most importantly, it had the right finish, well it looked like it did. I just had to try it...

Off to eBay I went and as luck would have it, I find a guy selling them at a steal of a price, search for 'Timex Allied Quartz Movement White Dial Men's Watch TW2R46700".

It arrived today and I must say I am MOST pleased!!! It's a DIRECT fit! Just need to tighten the end links a bit and size it but it's a winner!!

It even tapers down to 18mm at the buckle.

Oh, and the watch it came with is pretty cool too, it's an Indiglo, never had one before. I'm not against having quartz watches so I'll keep it as well. Can't go wrong for $35!
Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,956 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Who would have thought a Timex bracelet would be a direct fit for a Khaki Field mechanical.(y):)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just sized the bracelet and it fits great. There are no micro adjustments of half links but I was able to get a nice fit by removing 3 links. It rattles a bit so I will give it an oil bath, but other than that I have zero complaints.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
That looks real nice... bracelet and watch work well together, and like the clean look! (y) Enjoy!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Very interested in this idea. Anyone else try it? Other recommendations for bracelet alternatives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
629 Posts
I wonder if Timex indiglo black dial bracelet fits
ref is TW2R68400VN and it is 40 mm like TW2R46700 and 20 mm lugs... The cases seem similar but the bracelet is not ... thinking 🧐

1 - 7 of 7 Posts