WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Just a friendly reminder that if you've purchased a Grand Seiko from a USA authorized retailer, you're eligible to join the GS9 club. You'll get some typical perks like access to attend local/special events they host in major cities, info on new watch releases, but the absolute best part...

A private, members-only online store.

I joined a while back and was wanting to purchase a SBGA413 "Spring" heritage model that has been super difficult to find anywhere. They had a reserved stock of these and I placed an order yesterday with the GS9 store. Set to be delivered tomorrow, brand new with full GS warranty.

The store access if anything is super useful for the harder to find and newer models that ADs may not have on hand.

Edit: I noticed now that Spring is out of stock, but there's a lot more of the harder to find models there still, including the new 9F GMTs, GMT four seasons, and pre-orders for the omiwatari set to ship by mid-July.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Do I have registered with my AD? Or is there a link to register?
BTW , my AD mentioned nothing about this.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was just in your position a few weeks ago before I gotten my SBGA413 from an AD and lucked out on a 5 day wait instead of 2 months. The AD experience was nice, as an added bonus they given me a leather GS notebook journal.

How did transaction go? Did the online store charge shipping and tax? Can’t wait to see your followup post after you receive your watch.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just in your position a few weeks ago before I gotten my SBGA413 from an AD and lucked out on a 5 day wait instead of 2 months. The AD experience was nice, as an added bonus they given me a leather GS notebook journal.

How did transaction go? Did the online store charge shipping and tax? Can’t wait to see your followup post after you receive your watch.
Yes, full price with tax, but shipping is free unless you opt for overnight, which is a 50 dollar upcharge.

Order processing was super fast.

I can't wait! Looking forward to sharing when it comes, but it appears you can browse the shop without actually being a member, you just can't see availability or add to cart and checkout unless you have confirmed membership.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase!! Seems to me that the club is really only good for obscure limited editions. Most people probably would do better from an AD, unless I’m missing something.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase!! Seems to me that the club is really only good for obscure limited editions. Most people probably would do better from an AD, unless I’m missing something.
Yeah, agreed. I researched the offer and really, nothing for me. I don't buy that often, don't care for LE, and above all they are not likely to have any workshops anywhere close to me. Which would be nice to attend if they did.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Ah - USA only. Oh well.
No problem, you get the same advantages if you order online via the Grand Seiko Boutique in Paris which is running the business for Europe. They are very supportive and friendly and organise almost everything for you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You're not missing anything - mostly just nice to have another reliable place to buy genuine pieces. Apparently they do also send occasional gifts, but I haven't been a member long enough to speak to that.

It seems to have the most benefit for hard to find models that ADs may struggle to keep in stock or those that sell second market above MSRP that arent discontinued.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm also based in the UK. For me, it's harder to get over the US limited edition watches and JDMs than the absence of the GS9 club. Still, service in the UK is pretty decent.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
I'm also based in the UK. For me, it's harder to get over the US limited edition watches and JDMs than the absence of the GS9 club. Still, service in the UK is pretty decent.
The GS boutique in central London - they ship nationally of course - sells JDMs from time to time. I've seen the sport models (grey/black/blue LE SBGV2xx) and various anti-magnetics for sale there in the recent past. Worth keeping an eye out.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The GS boutique in central London - they ship nationally of course - sells JDMs from time to time. I've seen the sport models (grey/black/blue LE SBGV2xx) and various anti-magnetics for sale there in the recent past. Worth keeping an eye out.
Thanks! Yes, it’s hardly a hardship in the UK since the GS boutique opened. The SBGA413 is the only watch that I can think of that I probably would have bought if it were available from GS or an AD in the UK.

I’m quite tempted by the SBGX341 that is available at the boutique. I’ll probably procrastinate until it’s no longer available.

·
Premium Member
36,116 Posts
Sounds like a great perk for those who qualify.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That’s how I bought my 341. Great service. It’s boutique only so no discount either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful! How's your club experience been so far? I heard they sent gifts occasionally to owners but I just joined myself.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts