WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Just one more TX Timex Enabler Club
10,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I still have yet to fill the itch of a Vintage Ticker.. i was leaning more towards the plain and simple squares... but then I found this.

Looking for feedback from someone that may have owned one. It has such a G shock vibe.. but.. Betta! :-!

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Re: Vintage Pulsar

It's not so vintage as you think. They are nice watches with not so exceptional battery life (about 3 years), standard lugs and unfortunate for me on bigger side.
i like more current models with dot screens and more uscale looks but they even bigger :(

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,502 Posts

Not what I expected when I saw the words "Vintage Pulsar".

·
Registered
10,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

It's not so vintage as you think. They are nice watches with not so exceptional battery life (about 3 years), standard lugs and unfortunate for me on bigger side.
i like more current models with dot screens and more uscale looks but they even bigger :(
So... tell me more... lol. did you had one? Review I found this while doing a google search.

More than anything, I like the looks of it. I do not mind only lasting 3 years. However, I see that it originally sold for under $50 Do you know when it originally was produced?

Not what I expected when I saw the words "Vintage Pulsar".
that was probably my ADH brain.. I was looking at real 80s vintage one.. and for some reason Ebay showed up this one. I just incorrectly associated to being vintage by the looks of it.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
I saw them form something like 2010 or so. No never had one. I am not so kind to both negative and bigger than i feel comfortable watches. I was droning around and saw one in person yet at the time did not had disposable income to spend close to 100$ MSRP on one just because i find it interesting.
They are good digitals and occasionally pop on ebay.
Funny i have same relation with Casio G-Steel models of 100 and 300 variety. I found them very cool on pictures but each trip to store ended with putting them back after trying.
Something did not worked well but they are great watches

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,502 Posts

that was probably my ADH brain.. I was looking at real 80s vintage one.. and for some reason Ebay showed up this one. I just incorrectly associated to being vintage by the looks of it.
No, what I meant was that when I see "vintage Pulsar" I immediately think of the watches that pioneered electronic digitals, when Pulsar was a sub-brand of Hamilton, not of Seiko.

·
Premium Member
14,204 Posts
I had one but did not like it. Btw, Ashford sold these for around $25 bucks when I bought mine. If you are used to Casio then the functionality is "backward". It was intuitive to me at all. I sold it off shortly after receiving it. I will say the negative lcd, if I recall correctly was pretty good though. It has drilled lugs and the stock strap was stiff as a Z22 Seiko strap.

Edit

I found some old photos of my negative lcd version.

IMG_2214.JPG IMG_1772.JPG

·
Registered
10,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had one but did not like it. Btw, Ashford sold these for around $25 bucks when I bought mine. If you are used to Casio then the functionality is "backward". It was intuitive to me at all. I sold it off shortly after receiving it. I will say the negative lcd, if I recall correctly was pretty good though. It has drilled lugs and the stock strap was stiff as a Z22 Seiko strap.

Edit

I found some old photos of my negative lcd version.

View attachment 14872975 View attachment 14872979
That looks [email protected]$$ .. what made you get rid of it?

·
Registered
10,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

No, what I meant was that when I see "vintage Pulsar" I immediately think of the watches that pioneered electronic digitals, when Pulsar was a sub-brand of Hamilton, not of Seiko.
when is the timeline of Hamilton... and when did Seiko took over ?

·
Premium Member
14,204 Posts
That looks [email protected]$$ .. what made you get rid of it?
After years of Casio's, to me it had counter intuitive functionality. Also the buttons, if I recall, didn't activate until the button was released versus when being pressed. Silly I know but I didn't get along with it.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I actually own 2 of these and 1 black. Always liked the look but as time went on they just sat. To me , they are different, and Not a G , so that's what intrigued me...
Also I was late to the party, so I didn't get that Ashford deall...
Maybe it's time to move them.as , they just sit...lol 20200305_182522.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts