WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Β·
Registered
Just one more TX Timex Enabler Club
10,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I still have yet to fill the itch of a Vintage Ticker.. i was leaning more towards the plain and simple squares... but then I found this.

Looking for feedback from someone that may have owned one. It has such a G shock vibe.. but.. Betta! :-!

Thoughts?

Attachments

Β·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Re: Vintage Pulsar

It's not so vintage as you think. They are nice watches with not so exceptional battery life (about 3 years), standard lugs and unfortunate for me on bigger side.
i like more current models with dot screens and more uscale looks but they even bigger :(

Β·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,646 Posts

Not what I expected when I saw the words "Vintage Pulsar".

Β·
Registered
10,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

It's not so vintage as you think. They are nice watches with not so exceptional battery life (about 3 years), standard lugs and unfortunate for me on bigger side.
i like more current models with dot screens and more uscale looks but they even bigger :(
So... tell me more... lol. did you had one? Review I found this while doing a google search.

More than anything, I like the looks of it. I do not mind only lasting 3 years. However, I see that it originally sold for under $50 Do you know when it originally was produced?

Not what I expected when I saw the words "Vintage Pulsar".
that was probably my ADH brain.. I was looking at real 80s vintage one.. and for some reason Ebay showed up this one. I just incorrectly associated to being vintage by the looks of it.

Β·
Registered
7,492 Posts
I saw them form something like 2010 or so. No never had one. I am not so kind to both negative and bigger than i feel comfortable watches. I was droning around and saw one in person yet at the time did not had disposable income to spend close to 100$ MSRP on one just because i find it interesting.
They are good digitals and occasionally pop on ebay.
Funny i have same relation with Casio G-Steel models of 100 and 300 variety. I found them very cool on pictures but each trip to store ended with putting them back after trying.
Something did not worked well but they are great watches

Β·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,646 Posts

that was probably my ADH brain.. I was looking at real 80s vintage one.. and for some reason Ebay showed up this one. I just incorrectly associated to being vintage by the looks of it.
No, what I meant was that when I see "vintage Pulsar" I immediately think of the watches that pioneered electronic digitals, when Pulsar was a sub-brand of Hamilton, not of Seiko.

Β·
Premium Member
14,244 Posts
I had one but did not like it. Btw, Ashford sold these for around $25 bucks when I bought mine. If you are used to Casio then the functionality is "backward". It was intuitive to me at all. I sold it off shortly after receiving it. I will say the negative lcd, if I recall correctly was pretty good though. It has drilled lugs and the stock strap was stiff as a Z22 Seiko strap.

Edit

I found some old photos of my negative lcd version.

IMG_2214.JPG IMG_1772.JPG

Β·
Registered
10,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had one but did not like it. Btw, Ashford sold these for around $25 bucks when I bought mine. If you are used to Casio then the functionality is "backward". It was intuitive to me at all. I sold it off shortly after receiving it. I will say the negative lcd, if I recall correctly was pretty good though. It has drilled lugs and the stock strap was stiff as a Z22 Seiko strap.

Edit

I found some old photos of my negative lcd version.

View attachment 14872975 View attachment 14872979
That looks [email protected]$$ .. what made you get rid of it?

Β·
Registered
10,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

No, what I meant was that when I see "vintage Pulsar" I immediately think of the watches that pioneered electronic digitals, when Pulsar was a sub-brand of Hamilton, not of Seiko.
when is the timeline of Hamilton... and when did Seiko took over ?

Β·
Premium Member
14,244 Posts
That looks [email protected]$$ .. what made you get rid of it?
After years of Casio's, to me it had counter intuitive functionality. Also the buttons, if I recall, didn't activate until the button was released versus when being pressed. Silly I know but I didn't get along with it.

Β·
Registered
6,786 Posts
I actually own 2 of these and 1 black. Always liked the look but as time went on they just sat. To me , they are different, and Not a G , so that's what intrigued me...
Also I was late to the party, so I didn't get that Ashford deall...
Maybe it's time to move them.as , they just sit...lol 20200305_182522.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts