WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Long time lurker, first time poster here. Old thread but I picked this up from amazon for cheap last year. Not a fake (LOL, who would fake a Pulsar anyway?). It took some time to grow on me. Its big and heavy, which I like. But I ended up not liking the flip top magnifier as moisture would fog inside, and overall it made dial visibility worse. So I recently ditched the flip top, which lightened the watch a tad, gave it a nice thin profile and was an aesthetic improvement. Now I really dig this watch and think it is an awesome value.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Better late then never. ;-)
I think it would be a good survivalist type watch. You could use the magnifier to start a fire. Also it would be a good watch for me to wear to work. I'm a painter & any watch will get covered in paint eventually. With this one I could flip it open & still tell the time.
But unfortunately it is probably to expensive for a watch that will get messed up. Does anyone else know of any other flip open watches? I own 20 watches & only get to wear them after work or days off. I think I need a different job :-d

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does anyone else know of any other flip open watches? I own 20 watches & only get to wear them after work or days off. I think I need a different job :-d
Take a look at this covered watch strap, last one on page:

http://www.broadarrow.net/straps.htm

At $6 it might be just what you need.

P.S. I've got one of those Pulsars too. I'd be willing to sell fairly inexpensively, with all the case candy et.al. in excellent condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts