WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Paid 2250....2250 what? Yen? Dollars? Euros? Queen Quids? International site remember........I watch looks fine.
Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
I expect $
a

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sorry it was dollars. Did I get a deal or over pay? I have no idea what the actual value is.

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
I'm sorry it was dollars. Did I get a deal or over pay? I have no idea what the actual value is.
Do an advanced Ebay search, include completed listings and world wide
Then you can see what price that model sold for
a

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I'm sorry it was dollars.
Again, an International website: US$, CA$, AU$, HK$, SG$, etc? There are many countries that use the dollar as their currency base, and few dollars equal others. This is not just directed at you, as some 'seasoned' forum members could use the lesson too - and before some get their nose out of joint, remember watchuseek was born in Holland and is now managed by a Candian company. While some countries are more represented than others, no one country's membership should have sway over the form and culture of the website.

·
Registered
13,447 Posts
Again, an International website: US$, CA$, AU$, HK$, SG$, etc? There are many countries that use the dollar as their currency base, and few dollars equal others. This is not just directed at you, as some 'seasoned' forum members could use the lesson too - and before some get their nose out of joint, remember watchuseek was born in Holland and is now managed by a Candian company. While some countries are more represented than others, no one country's membership should have sway over the form and culture of the website.
Like oil most commodities are quoted in US$
If there is an exception, then it is of course correct to state CA$ or AU$

But in general a price stated with .00 is usually US$ (we use a ,00 in Pounds and Euros)

Regards

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hmmm don't know whether its real or not. But I was offered a real one with the packing stickers still on it for 2300 dollars.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
In Ireland, CAB the Criminal Assets Bureau, have been selling seized goods from criminals such as watches and jewellery on eBay.

·
Registered
226 Posts
But in general a price stated with .00 is usually US$ (we use a ,00 in Pounds and Euros)
Not with pounds in UK we don't. £1.99 = one pound and ninety-nine pence. A comma is used in £1,000
Have a look at prices on ebay UK for example. We were never ever taught ",00" in school. We'd have likely been clipped round the ear for using that!

This seems to be some weird thing that is creeping in from Europe and eroding traditional values. Just like US spelling checks seem to question my correct spelling of English words on UK websites eg "honour" WITH a 'u' and "colour" WITH a 'u' is correct in UK. And they call this progress...

Reactions: bobbee

·
Registered
226 Posts
Surely a drug lord can afford a real Breitling. He might come back looking for it though ;).
I just might have to go into hiding then - my Evo has a 'very interesting' past and came from a seized goods police auction ...

Figurine Sculpture Metal Statue Antique

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am in the United Kingdom. So know which currency you are talking about does help. I look at the exchanged rate (Tourist) every day.. to day for example it was $1.4048 to the UK £ so if I wanted to see what this watch costs then it helps me.... I have A Advenger II with s/s pilots band. Purchased from the Breitling store in Bluewater shopping centre in South East England (15 miles East of London)

The threads are of interest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts