WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Folks
I have the opportunity to buy a X-33 (first version) or a flightmaster caliber 911, both used but in good shape from a local watch collector. Taking the money equation out and given that I am in love with both models, could you help me decide?

thanks a lot!

Patricio

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'd say it depends on your current collection. If you have a few automatic watches already, and would like something different and more of a tool watch, Get the X-33. Its great to have the loud alarm and night lights and all the various timers while still knowing that you're wearing the famous "Omega" quality on your wrist. However, if this is your only watch for now, then i'd say flight master!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Flightmaster for sure. Never understood the fascination with the X-33 personally.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Flightmaster for sure. Never understood the fascination with the X-33 personally.
Personally, I lke the X-33. I don't own, nor have I ever worn, the Flightmaster, so I can't comment as to it's merits. I end up wearing my 33 about half the time, suplemented by the Speedy, while my Chrono Diver is in the shop. When the chrono diver is home it gets 90% of the wear time.

Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear folks
Thanks a lot for your comments, I only own a Speedmaster day date AM PM Mk40 cal 1151 the one with the half blue dial so I was pondering these two for my next purchase
And as Darillwin says maybe the fligh is the logical next step

·
Registered
661 Posts
Never understood the fascination with the X-33 personally.
It's all about functionality - chrono, countdown, mission timer, multiple alarm, backlight, GMT, perpetual day/date/year calendar

and clarity of display - both analogue and digital.

and it's light and very comfortable to wear.

and it's NASA's current choice for use on space missions.

It's not my prettiest watch, but it's design and history is certainly fascinating for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts