WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my search continues for a PVD black dive watch. Right now I have looked at a black Alba Diver, some Seiko 5's, a black KHS diver, a Bathys, a Luminox and a couple of Ebay Rhulas..

There has got to be other, affordably priced (say less than $400) black dive watches out there. But for the life of me, I am not finding 'em.

Do any of you have other ideas? Quartz or Auto, either one will work! ;-)

·
G-Shock Mod
14,201 Posts
does these count?

Casio G-Shock MTG910DA-1V

Casio G-Shock MTG920DA

Casio G-Shock MTG950BDJ-9

Seiko SKZ217K1

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I've been checking out those Casio MTG's, but right now I am leaning toward a diver with a rotating bezel on it. Nice watches, though! ;-)

Since I already have a Seiko diver, I think that I'd like to try out a different brand this time around.

That Traser is definitely on my list! I love that blue tritium color.. B-)

Keep 'em comin'.. :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Not a "name brand" per se, and slightly over your price range, but you may want to consider this:
http://www.specialopswatch.com/cart/products.cgi?detail=52

BTW, I too am interested in what you find...there is another option and that it to buy a non-PVD dive eatch and then get it PVD'ED by Jack at IWW. I've investigated this option....

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I recently got this MWC PVD off the bay. It is a solid 300M diver with good quality PVD.

I have been very pleased with it so far. Did not pay very much (under $125).

·
Registered
2,302 Posts

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Tritium rocks!
:-!
Agreed!! I have a Luminox with tritium and I love it:-! . I've been looking at the KHS watches and they have really caught my eye, may have to get one as a x-mas present to myself this year;-) .

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies! |>

Yeah, I saw those Mission Timers the other day while browsing the web. And as of right now, I am leaning toward going with one of those. Not unless something else turns up that catches my eye.

Obtw, forgive this newb question. But which Ernie are you referring to?

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Thanks for the replies! |>

Yeah, I saw those Mission Timers the other day while browsing the web. And as of right now, I am leaning toward going with one of those. Not unless something else turns up that catches my eye.

Obtw, forgive this newb question. But which Ernie are you referring to?
The host of our party, Ernie Romers, Watchuseek owner. ;-)

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I just checked the WUS Shop, and he only lists the model without the tritium vials, the Mission Timer One.. :-(

·
Registered
368 Posts
Has anyone done a black PVD SAR yet? Might be worth an experiment.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I emailed the US distributor for KHS, and they said that they are going to have the Mission Timer 2, 3 and 4's available after January 20th..

I'll just wait until then to see what the 3 & 4's look like before I buy anything.. :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
There is a picture of a PVD SAR at IWW.

Look at picture above "PVD Coating". There have been other pictures posted but I cannot find them.
FYI, I inquired at IWW about having a watch PVD'ed and they've stopped offering that service because of vendor issues. Hopefully they'll find a new vendor and resume soon.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
PVD is tops for looks, not doubt. But I still can't get around the fear that it will mark up and you can't just fix it yourself. I bought one PVD watch and it did so I sold it, and I am easy on my watches. I know a fellow whom PVD'd a SAR and it increased the value, I myself took an ORSA and had it beadblasted 2 x, once regular and than with a different gas and the finish went very dark grey not black, and it wore great. Other than ceramic or resin until they can get the PVD to be forever I cant go back there again.
Best of luck and they do look great!
Regards
Robert

·
Registered
413 Posts
UTS is always a great recommendation. I have a natural-finish Diver. It deserves more wrist time.

I would also suggest a Laco-Black diver, below. Cool watch with that great, well thought-out, German designing. Great packaging, too. Mine deserves more wrist time.

Good luck with the watch you choose.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts