WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a Military Ed. Sharkhunter but I keep reading about how in a few years it won't look so hot because the PVD will be chipped and scratched.

My question is, can the old, chipped PVD be removed and a new PVD treatment be applied by a professional?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a Military Ed. Sharkhunter but I keep reading about how in a few years it won't look so hot because the PVD will be chipped and scratched.

My question is, can the old, chipped PVD be removed and a new PVD treatment be applied by a professional?
Hi, the original PVD coating has radically changed in it's compound over the past 20 years. What we use today is entirely diffeernt than 20 years ago, yet and case can be re-coating to like new condition.

john

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi, the original PVD coating has radically changed in it's compound over the past 20 years. What we use today is entirely diffeernt than 20 years ago, yet and case can be re-coating to like new condition.

john
John,

Just so I'm absolutely clear....what you're saying is the new PVD is by far, more durable than what was used 20 years ago. In the event the new PVD does get chipped or scratched, it can still be stripped away and recoated. Is this correct?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
John,

Just so I'm absolutely clear....what you're saying is the new PVD is by far, more durable than what was used 20 years ago. In the event the new PVD does get chipped or scratched, it can still be stripped away and recoated. Is this correct?
Yes Sir, the whole watch can be recoated, I also found this thread about the PVD: https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=23385

john

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Sir, the whole watch can be recoated, I also found this thread about the PVD: https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=23385

john
John,

Thanks for posting the thread link. Looks like the new PVD holds up well and I'm glad it does. If I decide to go with the Mil. Ed. Sharkhunter, I'll feel a lot better using it for what it was intended for. Well at least, almost what it was intended for:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts