WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, just got my new PyroLume 2010 Titanium CF Aviator #008 from the Doc. I love everything about it, and figured I'd throw up a good word for the Doc and his good work.

It took a few days longer than we had expected for Doc to actually get the watch shipped, which was a bit of a disappointment, but he came back and gave me a full discount on my shipping - AWESOME. Great service, there. The packaging was very solid, and the watch came in a nice leather single-watch hardcover pouch. Very cool.

As for the watch itself, it's a tad bigger than the watches I'm used to wearing (38mm-42mm), but it wears very well on my 7.5" wrists. I would say that 45mm is the absolute biggest I'd probably be able to wear comfortably, and the watch seems to wear pretty large for a 45mm, as it's almost all face. But that's by no means a complaint. :-d

The carbon fiber dial is very subtle until you get angles where the light bounces off the stitching - very cool. The lume on the dial and hands is, of course, awesome, and is the main feature of the watch. The little "angry bird"-looking arrow is typical aviator style, and makes for easy reading at night at a glance. Again, the lume is great. While driving home in the afternoon, if I go under a bridge or through a tunnel, I can't stop looking at the lume. It's too damn distracting. :-d

The domed sapphire crystal up front takes a tad getting used to, but it's not outrageous. And the rear crystal is huge, showcasing the movement very well.

The watch has been keeping very good time, too, since I've had it on my wrist the past couple days. It's been averaging +2 seconds/day for the past 3 days with constant wear. No complaints there.

The watch originally came with a very nice black leather strap with orange contrast stitching, which I think matches the watch very well. Unfortunately, I'm not a huge leather fan, so I threw on a NATO strap almost immediately after opening the box. b-) It wears very comfortably on the NATO, so I think it'll probably stay there.

Anywho, great watch. Great service. Great everything. On to the pics!

Doesn't hurt that the lume/strap match my bimmer's interior, either. Enjoy! b-)

Thanks, Doc!

~Psycho

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.