WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last 6100 re-released in 2002 was the Python edition. Does anyone know if that model still used the little light bulb or did they make it with EL back lighting?

Thanks!
Kev

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has the little light bulb.
Thanks Pete! I knew I saw one somewhere recently...right under my nose. I almost bought one awhile back-love the dark camo look and the vintage style chunky case. Your pic makes me want to hunt another one down! Looks good!:-!

Kev

·
G-Shock Mod
14,201 Posts
ditto on the light bulb, the bonus is that the white python can handle both C and F in temperature measurement

(maybe the green python is too, but i haven't touch it while its sitting in its box :p )

·
Registered
783 Posts
i only have the 1v-dw-6100 i must say i love the way it looks and feels. but the bulb is the worst thing ever on a gshock. i can only wera mines during the day because thats the only time i can see the face. still a great watch though, but if it had a el backlight id deffinately buy another one!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
now this thread would not be complete without the obligatory question re: accuracy of the thermo ;-)

I know this has been asked and answered before but is the thermo accurate on this older model? I assume one has to take it off and let it sit to get a good reading.

also, do all the 6100s have the option to toggle between C and F

thx

·
G-Shock Mod
14,201 Posts
not all DW6100 can switch between C and F, some can only measure in C (i forgot the module number, 974? :think: )

my DW6100 doesn't agree with my PAG1200 (triple sensor), but then you can always calibrate them. and you will have to take it off your wrist and let it sit a while to get good reading (for all years) and i won't imagine a difference in accuracy regarding the age of them.

IMO, the small bulb is GREAT! :-! cause its retro/classic/old (whatever you want to call it). of course EL works better, but if you like old school, nothing compares to small bulb. (and the fact that you need to bring the watch up close to read the time with small bulb .. lol :-D )

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
now this thread would not be complete without the obligatory question re: accuracy of the thermo ;-)

I know this has been asked and answered before but is the thermo accurate on this older model? I assume one has to take it off and let it sit to get a good reading.

also, do all the 6100s have the option to toggle between C and F

thx
Like every thermometer watch I've ever owned, it only will give you a good reading if it's off the wrist. The Japan only models with module 1424 only do Celcius...there are other versions...module # escapes me at the moment that do toggle.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,201 Posts
i think 1414 can, and then there's another one ... 9xx that i forgot :p

i can go home and check

·
Registered
783 Posts

·
G-Shock Mod
14,201 Posts
i just checked one of my DW6100CF (white/grey), the module is [974] and it has both C and F :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
sorry i carry this thread back .
i just find a NOS DW-6100 ( basic modle? ) made in Korea and 4 button letters were yellow .
what time is it released ?
and what is the latest dw-6100 ? dw-6100cf ?
thanks !

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts