WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
2881 - 2900 of 3133 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
I came across the following early Vostok Precision. After reading endlessly about them I would say that the dial, case, handset, crown look good to me. The movement seems to pass all the tests, but there is one detail I'm not sure about. Is the rachet wheel a later replacement? The only thing different about it is the blue colored stars, but is it possible that by 1960 they started to do that? If I needed to replace it, I assume I can take it from a 2609A Volna, but can also use a 2609B Almaz?

Lastly, please have a close look at the balance spring. It sort of looks like someone messed with it a bit, the overcoil in particular looks a little problematic.

I really appreciate all the opinions. These are hard, so its easy for someone like me to make a mistake. Thanks much in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Thanks. Given that's the case let me please submit the following for your opinion.

all good. Very nice Raketa.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I came across the following early Vostok Precision. After reading endlessly about them I would say that the dial, case, handset, crown look good to me. The movement seems to pass all the tests, but there is one detail I'm not sure about. Is the rachet wheel a later replacement? The only thing different about it is the blue colored stars, but is it possible that by 1960 they started to do that? If I needed to replace it, I assume I can take it from a 2609A Volna, but can also use a 2609B Almaz?

Lastly, please have a close look at the balance spring. It sort of looks like someone messed with it a bit, the overcoil in particular looks a little problematic.

I really appreciate all the opinions. These are hard, so its easy for someone like me to make a mistake. Thanks much in advance.
My opinion that this movement is not from the Precision Vostok (2809) but a Volna (2809A). The movement should be gilded or at least have 2809 stamp. Without any of these 2 aspects this is probably a Volna.

Ratchet wheel: you can wash away the blue color but why? Or you can use any ratchet from Almaz or Volna.

·
Registered
639 Posts
My opinion that this movement is not from the Precision Vostok (2809) but a Volna (2809A). The movement should be gilded or at least have 2809 stamp. Without any of these 2 aspects this is probably a Volna.

Ratchet wheel: you can wash away the blue color but why? Or you can use any ratchet from Almaz or Volna.
First generation precision was from 57 - 60, not gilded and had quarter/year stamped. For the 2609A Volna the "A" in "кАмня" is rounded whereas in a true precision it is sharp, as in this example. This thread is invaluable:

I agree with you about the rachet wheel, it's really the same exact part just blued. So yes, in this case I'm not inclined to stress out about it. But to be perfectly historically accurate I may do a long term search for a cheap messed up Volna or Almaz that has the part. Many thanks!

·
Registered
639 Posts
lovely. As far as I see all is right.
Many thanks for those quick responses, thanks to you I can grab these before they are gone :) One other question if I may. My Cyrillic is a work very much in progress, I can kind of get a sense, but what does the dial text under the "18 Jewels" translate to in English and what is it referring to?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Many thanks for those quick responses, thanks to you I can grab these before they are gone :) One other question if I may. My Cyrillic is a work very much in progress, I can kind of get a sense, but what does the dial text under the "18 Jewels" translate to in English and what is it referring to?
Противоударные - shockproof

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello friends!
I came across this Komandirskie and would love your opinions. Seems to be mid 70s (or "third generation") but I haven't seen one with the stars painted red in the movement before. Was this done originally or was it added later? It also seems that the serial number is painted in red as well. It is stamped 2234 on the case. Thoughts? Would a 2234 have a stop second function as well?

Thanks as always your your wealth of knowledge.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Hello friends!
I came across this Komandirskie and would love your opinions. Seems to be mid 70s (or "third generation") but I haven't seen one with the stars painted red in the movement before. Was this done originally or was it added later? It also seems that the serial number is painted in red as well. It is stamped 2234 on the case. Thoughts? Would a 2234 have a stop second function as well?

Thanks as always your your wealth of knowledge.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
In my view…
Seconds hand is wrong: should be w/o fancy tail
Movement has replaced bridge: all that I saw before had 18 jewels in russian on the main bridge.
red start and red number is obviously marketing move: should be easily wiped away with acetone!
2234 is correct but regardless of what the back cover has you need to reconfirm with the seller if the stop second works.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello comrades. I'm looking to buy a poljot 3133 from the 80s. How does it look. I believe the silver dial POLJOT model with US10SR corresponds was available from 81-87. Everything checks out for me except the stamped 1-87 date. I haven't seen that in other versions of this model I've found on the internet. The golden wheels seem right if it is produced in 87.

Anything you guys see is wrong? Also is 300 Euro too much for this one?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Without looking at the movement (cause there are no pictures of it and the owner apparently isn't a watch person - inherited from father), what do you think about this Poljot:

·
Registered
639 Posts
I came across what appears to be a 60s Poljot de Luxe automatic. I can't match it to anything in the @mroatman collection, but it looks quite reasonable, save for the possibility of the seconds hand being wrong. Please let me know what you all think.

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
Next page of the catalog has these cases. Same period. But the dial is different :).
Here's another one I've been thinking on. The printing on the date wheel though looks pretty bad. I have hesitated asking, thinking it's not right, but @mroatman has a few like this so I figured I'd post it. By the way, could you please post that catalog you had? I went looking in my cache but I couldn't find it. If it's in the grand cache of catalogs in the sticky, I may have missed it if the title is hard for me to translate, so putting it here will still help and be appreciated. Many thanks.

Attachments

2881 - 2900 of 3133 Posts