WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
2901 - 2920 of 3150 Posts

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Here's another one I've been thinking on. The printing on the date wheel though looks pretty bad. I have hesitated asking, thinking it's not right, but @mroatman has a few like this so I figured I'd post it. By the way, could you please post that catalog you had? I went looking in my cache but I couldn't find it. If it's in the grand cache of catalogs in the sticky, I may have missed it if the title is hard for me to translate, so putting it here will still help and be appreciated. Many thanks.
Same catalog. Looks legit.
Catalogs: Каталоги часов СССР с 1934 года | ussr-watch.com

The catalog you need is called ‘Каталог часов, 1972 — А.И. Токмаков’

·
Registered
645 Posts
Same catalog. Looks legit.
Catalogs: Каталоги часов СССР с 1934 года | ussr-watch.com

The catalog you need is called ‘Каталог часов, 1972 — А.И. Токмаков’

View attachment 16030493
What I'd love to know is why is the calendar dial printing looks so bad? Is it one of those things that don't photograph well because of the lens on the crystal and looks just fine in hand?

Thanks for all this, it's going to be an interesting addition to the collection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone.

I came accross this Slava Perestroika and I need your opinions.

I have a doubt because this watch is way too clean for 32 years old watch.

It comes with a paper with the serial number handwritten on it and the serial number match with the case and a paper tag tied on its buckle.

Please let me know what you all think.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Hello everyone.

I came accross this Slava Perestroika and I need your opinions.

I have a doubt because this watch is way too clean for 32 years old watch.

It comes with a paper with the serial number handwritten on it and the serial number match with the case and a paper tag tied on its buckle.

Please let me know what you all think. View attachment 16031008
View attachment 16031009
View attachment 16031010
View attachment 16031011
View attachment 16031012
Welcome. all is good. These watches rarely were used: people bought them as souvenirs and what do you do with souvenirs? You keep them in a drawer :). This is why it is clean.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
What I'd love to know is why is the calendar dial printing looks so bad? Is it one of those things that don't photograph well because of the lens on the crystal and looks just fine in hand?

Thanks for all this, it's going to be an interesting addition to the collection.
hard to tell from the one photo. Maybe lens distortion. The printing on these calendars are not that crisp. Here are a few of mine.

·
Registered
645 Posts
hard to tell from the one photo. Maybe lens distortion. The printing on these calendars are not that crisp. Here are a few of mine. View attachment 16031039 View attachment 16031040 View attachment 16031042
Thanks very much for posting these. Mine is in the same ballpark and I have another photo that has less lens distortion which I'll post. It seems so odd that the calendar dial should be so less refined than the rest of the watch. Is there any reason you know of, or just general speculation as to why that might be?

Also, I forgot to ask, do these movements have a quick date set function (second crown position)? How do they protect from overwinding (clutch in barrel)? Is it OK to fully manual wind them (and how do you know when to stop turning the crown)?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Thanks very much for posting these. Mine is in the same ballpark and I have another photo that has less lens distortion which I'll post. It seems so odd that the calendar dial should be so less refined than the rest of the watch. Is there any reason you know of, or just general speculation as to why that might be?

Also, I forgot to ask, do these movements have a quick date set function (second crown position)? How do they protect from overwinding (clutch in barrel)? Is it OK to fully manual wind them (and how do you know when to stop turning the crown)?
my guess is that the red pigment they used deteriorated a bit or maybe the printing initially was not that good. These watches one of the first 1mchz watches with a calendar so maybe they were still refining the calendar printing.

quick date set: no, you will need to advance the hands many times… this is why I never set the date.

overwinding: there is a clutch in the barrel/spring so the spring will slip when tension is too much. You cannot overwind. I wind for 25 twists when starting one of these.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Hello comrades. I'm looking to buy a poljot 3133 from the 80s. How does it look. I believe the silver dial POLJOT model with US10SR corresponds was available from 81-87. Everything checks out for me except the stamped 1-87 date. I haven't seen that in other versions of this model I've found on the internet. The golden wheels seem right if it is produced in 87.

Anything you guys see is wrong? Also is 300 Euro too much for this one?

View attachment 16026348 View attachment 16026351 View attachment 16026352 View attachment 16026353
All checks out for me, decent example and price is in the right ball park.

Cheers...

·
Registered
16 Posts
All checks out for me, decent example and price is in the right ball park.

Cheers...
Thanks. So for the 3133s, is the US10SR Poljot any rarer or more expensive than the USSR poljot, or the poljot without Ussr on dial or Cyrillic poljot? The seller is trying say this version of the dial is rare and hence should cost more.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Hello there! I'm looking for a Poljot de Luxe with a black dial. I've found this one on eBay, but the price is suspiciously good: Vintage Watch Poljot De Luxe ULTRA SLIM Black Dial Dress Men's WristWatch USSR | eBay

The seller claims the dial is original, but he would, wouldn't he? Can anyone here help verify its condition? Thanks in advance!

View attachment 16032611

View attachment 16032612
The dial is an original fake.

Engraved indices should have parallel straight sides, not discus shaped.

Welcome to the forum by the way :D

·
Registered
5,223 Posts

Just to add: I do not think there is anything original from the Poljot de luxe in this watch. Nothing! Whoever made this watch went all the way to take a wrong case (from Luch), fake crown, fake dial, fake hands, wrong movement (from Luch)… ‘Fantastic’ job. Pass our regards to the seller… (me smiling sarcastically).

welcome to the forum. We are nice people who try to help new collectors to avoid mistakes we made. We do not like fakes and definitely do not like fakers who try to scam people. Keep reading and comparing. Avoid new shiny watches that are for sale for way less that a watch like this would be priced at. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Just to add: I do not think there is anything original from the Poljot de luxe in this watch. Nothing! Whoever made this watch went all the way to take a wrong case (from Luch), fake crown, fake dial, fake hands, wrong movement (from Luch)… ‘Fantastic’ job. Pass our regards to the seller… (me smiling sarcastically).
Thank you both for your help (and for the warm welcome)! I figured that it was too pretty to be genuine, and while I don't mind the idea of reproductions, I'd like to go into a purchase with both eyes open. Really appreciate all the expertise gathered here!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone,

I've looked high and low for information on this Vostok I came across and have found nothing about it. I hope someone here can shed some light on it. I am certainly no expert on Vostok's, but haven't seen an export one with 'Vostok' rather than 'Wostok.' Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Hello everyone,

I've looked high and low for information on this Vostok I came across and have found nothing about it. I hope someone here can shed some light on it. I am certainly no expert on Vostok's, but haven't seen an export one with 'Vostok' rather than 'Wostok.' Thanks in advance.
View attachment 16034099 View attachment 16034101 View attachment 16034102
I'm not completely certain, but I think it is a part of the "Vostok Partner" range from around 2001, possibly a case type 291.

I couldn't find your particular Violet colour dial in the 2001 catalog, but there are many similar case/bezel in the range.

Just an example scan from the 2001 catalog

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm not completely certain, but I think it is a part of the "Vostok Partner" range from around 2001, possibly a case type 291.

I couldn't find your particular Violet colour dial in the 2001 catalog, but there are many similar case/bezel in the range.

Just an example scan from the 2001 catalog

View attachment 16034137
Thanks for that! I was looking at some 90s catalogs I had, never looked at anything later.

2901 - 2920 of 3150 Posts