WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
3601 - 3620 of 3664 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am on the hunt for a Slava medical watch in good quality - doesn't have to be NOS. There is this one currently posted to etsy: link. And then these two on the Italian ebay: link 1 and link 2.

Any insight onto why the huge price difference between these three watches? And any advice in general for finding a Slava medical watch?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I am on the hunt for a Slava medical watch in good quality - doesn't have to be NOS. There is this one currently posted to etsy: link. And then these two on the Italian ebay: link 1 and link 2.

Any insight onto why the huge price difference between these three watches? And any advice in general for finding a Slava medical watch?
the 1st one has fake dial. The price should be around 100) for this fake.

the other 2 are insanely expensive! The watches are correct except one of them has incorrect ‘papers’. Why they hace a big price difference? Who knows… I think a fair price would be 350$ but no one is selling and many people are looking to buy so the price climbs up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the 1st one has fake dial. Hence it is so cheep.
the other 2 are insanely expensive! The last 2 watches are correct except one of them has incorrect ‘papers’.
I am new to the grey market watching purchasing game. Could you elaborate on what clued you into the etsy watch having a fake dial? To me it there appears to be a discrepancy between the outer bezel depth and the main dial. Also the hands dont have the inner black.

I am just starting my hunt for this watch - what do you think is a good fair price?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Font Rectangle Brand Signage Art

Font Electric blue Brand Rectangle Logo

I am new to the grey market watching purchasing game. Could you elaborate on what clued you into the etsy watch having a fake dial? To me it there appears to be a discrepancy between the outer bezel depth and the main dial. Also the hands dont have the inner black.

I am just starting my hunt for this watch - what do you think is a good fair price?
I would say a fair value is 350$.
What hinted me that the etsy watch is fake? Lets see if you can spot the fake between these 2 images. One is the etsy watch. This is just 1 obvious spot (letter E). Many other issues with this dial can be pointed out. You are smart to ask for an advice here given you are just starting this watch journey. I would also advise to ask the sellers. Many try to cheat but when asked directly ‘is this a fully authentic watch, with a real dial?’ will confess :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
View attachment 16336743
View attachment 16336744

What hinted me that the etsy watch is fake? Lets see if you can spot the fake between these 2 images. One is the etsy watch. This is just 1 obvious spot (letter E). Many other issues with this dial can be pointed out. You are smart to ask for an advice here given you are just starting this watch journey. I would also advise to ask the sellers. Many try to cheat but when asked directly ‘is this a fully authentic watch, with a real dial?’ will confess :)
Excellent, thank you for sharing your expertise. I will be sure to keep a look out for a fairer price authentic watch. Any sites you would recommend monitoring? I searched some old posts that recommend the Italian ebay.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Excellent, thank you for sharing your expertise. I will be sure to keep a look out for a fairer price authentic watch. Any sites you would recommend monitoring? I searched some old posts that recommend the Italian ebay.
I like ebay. Somehow etsy is not my thing. These watches were made initially for Italian market so Italian and European ebays is a good place. Sometimes they pop on the USA ebay as well

·
Registered
5 Posts
all Slava skeletons are franken. Bezel is the least of the problem. Same as the shape of the hour and minute hands (one is tapered and another squre), the paint for Slava hands should be inside the hand window (not covering the hand). But all these are small issues: The watch is missing a dial :)
Oh okay…thanks for helping a noob out lol

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
View attachment 16336743
View attachment 16336744

Compare the text on the dial the thickness of the letters, the intensity of the colors and the position - it is too close to the numbers (for measuring the pulse). I too almost fell for this watch, luckily didn't buy it. But yeah, prices are insane. @Odessa200 you think 500€ is too much? There's another guy on ebay from Italy selling one for over 900€!

edit: wait, I actually wanted to quote @duodeviginti

edit2: oh, I see the other one is already in the second link, nevermind

·
Registered
Twisted by Soviets & Russkies mainly ;-)
137 Posts
Reading up on old forum threads is probably going to kill my bank balance but it got me interested in the early Pobeda k-46 movements. Discovered this - an Exacto - & wondered if this is just someone bunging a k-46 in a case or might have been issued this way? Also is the movement correct?Any help much appreciated :)
Watch Brown Analog watch Rectangle Clock

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,796 Posts
Reading up on old forum threads is probably going to kill my bank balance but it got me interested in the early Pobeda k-46 movements. Discovered this - an Exacto - & wondered if this is just someone bunging a k-46 in a case or might have been issued this way? Also is the movement correct?Any help much appreciated :) View attachment 16338279
Are there photos from al angles of the watch assembled? The case back flat area is smaller than the movement diameter. With this type of case the movement should fit into the case back which then fits into the case. In this photo the movement looks too big for that.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Are there photos from al angles of the watch assembled? The case back flat area is smaller than the movement diameter. With this type of case the movement should fit into the case back which then fits into the case. In this photo the movement looks too big for that.
i was looking at this watch as well. Short answer: I do not know. If I had to guess I would think it is a franken. I do not believe this was a Pobeda to begin with. 1st of all, the movement barely fits (if fits at all), the dial does not cover the movement completely (very unusual). It would not have Pobeda on the movement and Exacta on the dial (they would use a blank wheel at least). Then the dial looks like an artel quality. Strange lumed hands (this is not a military watch and back then, if i am not mistaken, people did not use lumed hands on dress watches). Then the case looks like Slava. If 1mchz would use Pobeda movement then the case would be from the square Poljot. Agree? I smell a franken.

Musical instrument Guitar accessory Amber String instrument accessory Wood

Passive circuit component Circuit component Rectangle Material property Dishware
Brown Wood Clock Font Watch

·
Registered
Twisted by Soviets & Russkies mainly ;-)
137 Posts
i was looking at this watch as well. Short answer: I do not know. If I had to guess I would think it is a franken. I do not believe this was a Pobeda to begin with. 1st of all, the movement barely fits (if fits at all), the dial does not cover the movement completely (very unusual). It would not have Pobeda on the movement and Exacta on the dial (they would use a blank wheel at least). Then the dial looks like an artel quality. Strange lumed hands (this is not a military watch and back then, if i am not mistaken, people did not use lumed hands on dress watches). Then the case looks like Slava. If 1mchz would use Pobeda movement then the case would be from the square Poljot. Agree? I smell a franken.

View attachment 16338765
View attachment 16338764 ' View attachment 16338794
Cheers both - I thought I smelt something burning too but it’s prettiness seduced me til I saw the movement fit. I’m glad you thought it was worthy of a look as well Odessa ;-)
May 2022 bring you both great horological joys! :)

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Cheers both - I thought I smelt something burning too but it’s prettiness seduced me til I saw the movement fit. I’m glad you thought it was worthy of a look as well Odessa ;-)
May 2022 bring you both great horological joys! :)
plus I think 1mchz stopped doing Pobedas in the 60s while this is 70s watch. Again, I am not sure. Just guessing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Need some opinions on this old Amphibia. Dial, case, hands, crown and bezel seem fine to me. What about the rest?
Also i see a lot of similar Amphibias with a different bezel, like the one they put on "barrel" Amphibias. Were they also produced with such bezels or are they later replacements?

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property
Gas Jewellery Cookware and bakeware Circle Font
Auto part Analog watch Rim Clock Circle

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello again friends,

Can you help me with this 2609A Raketa Atom? The dial and hands combo look correct, with the possibility that the crown has been replaced(?) but I'm not well versed with the movement.
What is the primary difference between a 2609 vs 2609A. I presume the 2609A came out later, but how much later?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I do not know exactly the time difference. Maybe a few months… but they apear in same catalogs, used around same time and used for otherwise same models. The main (and only as far as I know) difference: One is 16 j another is 21 j. Look at the top jewels that have 2 jewels each (with shock protection)

your watch has a correct movement that matches the dial 21 j
Font Material property Circle Paper Paper product

Product Font Material property Parallel Circle

·
Registered
49 Posts
I do not know exactly the time difference. Maybe a few months… but they apear in same catalogs, used around same time and used for otherwise same models. The main (and only as far as I know) difference: One is 16 j another is 21 j. Look at the top jewels that have 2 jewels each (with shock protection)

your watch has a correct movement that matches the dial 21 j View attachment 16349559
View attachment 16349557
Hmmm. Thank you Odessa. Is this piece missing screws? Hard to tell from the catalog.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

3601 - 3620 of 3664 Posts