WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
3621 - 3640 of 3664 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone. I need some expert help about this Sturmanskie Chronograph because there are a lot of fake/frankened ones. Thank you in advance.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

Watch Analog watch Product Clock Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Product Clock Watch accessory

·
Registered
1 Posts
What are the chances this isn't fake ?
Watch Quartz clock Clock Grey Font

Automotive tire Rim Watch accessory Bicycle part Machine

I checked all catalogues and couldn't find the dial. Only kind of the same on alarm clocks, but with remarkable differences in the way the numbers are drawn. So is it a 100% fake or a franken with a fake dial ?

Asking because I already put a (relatively cheap) bid on it 😬

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,797 Posts
Legit or franken, pre-Revolution:

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Legit or franken, pre-Revolution:
I agree with your assessment: the watch was placed in the Buhre case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is this Raketa legit or a frankenwatch. I know the movement is right for this watch but I am sceptic about the dial since the outer part of the dial is white and the inner part is beige.
Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Watch accessory
Analog watch Watch Clock Wood Font
Watch Analog watch Clock Silver Nickel
Automotive lighting Tints and shades Circle Ceiling Ceiling fixture

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Is this Raketa legit or a frankenwatch. I know the movement is right for this watch but I am sceptic about the dial since the outer part of the dial is white and the inner part is beige.
View attachment 16360579 View attachment 16360580 View attachment 16360582 View attachment 16360587
the chapter ring is always of a different color in this watch as far as I know. The problem with this watch is in the movement: it is 2609.НП and 2608.HA at the same time! Super rare animal. Joking. Small issue: the ratchet wheel needs to be replaced to be a empty one. But small issue creates a big suspicion: how come? Probably this watch was repaired and assembled from available parts and somehow the blank ratchet wheel was not available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the chapter ring is always of a different color in this watch as far as I know. The problem with this watch is in the movement: it is 2609.НП and 2608.HA at the same time! Super rare animal. Joking. Small issue: the ratchet wheel needs to be replaced to be a empty one. But small issue creates a big suspicion: how come? Probably this watch was repaired and assembled from available parts and somehow the blank ratchet wheel was not available.
Thanks for the answer! So the 2609.НП and 2609.HA is two different movements or is the ratchet wheel from a 2608.HA?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Thanks for the answer! So the 2609.НП and 2609.HA is two different movements or is the ratchet wheel from a 2608.HA?
yes and no. The only difference between these calibers is the stamp and additional tuning HП used to get at the factory. So the НП is a more precise variation of HA. Precision was achieved by hand selecting better balances and doing more tuning. But w/o the matching passport and after so many years this precision is a moot point. No other differences. It is impossible to tell is this watch was released as HП or HA (whatever the bridge was replaced or the wheel was replaced). We know that the watch suppose to have НП hence changing the wheel is the way to go. Or just leave it as is. Your call.

·
Registered
891 Posts
What are the chances this isn't fake ?
View attachment 16355802
View attachment 16355801

I checked all catalogues and couldn't find the dial. Only kind of the same on alarm clocks, but with remarkable differences in the way the numbers are drawn. So is it a 100% fake or a franken with a fake dial ?

Asking because I already put a (relatively cheap) bid on it 😬
Just guessing, but I'd imagine that the chances that it is not fake are pretty good. You've been through the catalogs, but I think a lot of 1980s-early 90s Slava escaped those catalogs. The other parts (hands, movement), except maybe the crown, are plausible. And because the dial is not a popular, well-known dial, I think it less likely to have been faked. Just my opinion - if you're not into it for very much money on your bid, I'd rest happy.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Here's a nice looking Pobeda TTK-1. Is it ok? My confusion is does TTK-1 balance and ratchet wheel follow 1MChZ conventions, as that is what it looks like here? Many thanks.
very good TTK. Please note that TTK was initially using 1mchz parts to make watches. Only after a few years they started making their own parts. But regardless of this, this Pobeda is all good as far as I see

·
Registered
756 Posts
I was looking at this Poljot 093027: My only concern is the crown, I can't quite tell from @mroatman if the top of the crown is really rounded. In the photos attached it's definitely flat. I think the rest is ok. Note I see an 091027/103027 in the attached catalogs with a flat crown, did @mroatman provide the correct reference number or are there two slightly different ones? Opinions? Many thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I was looking at this Poljot 093027: My only concern is the crown, I can't quite tell from @mroatman if the top of the crown is really rounded. In the photos attached it's definitely flat. I think the rest is ok. Note I see an 091027/103027 in the attached catalogs with a flat crown, did @mroatman provide the correct reference number or are there two slightly different ones? Opinions? Many thanks.
tough one. All I can offer is an image of my copy of a similar watch. Got in dreadful state from a random guy. Not a watch reseller. From an estate re-seller. The watch cleaned up fantastically and this is the crown it has. Even in the catalogs we see variations of crowns. Maybe they used several different styles over the years…
Watch Brown Analog watch White Light

·
Registered
756 Posts
tough one. All I can offer is an image of my copy of this watch. Got in dreadful state from a random guy. Not a watch reseller. From an estate re-seller. The watch cleaned up fantastically and this is the crown it has. Even in the catalogs we see variations of crowns. Maybe they used several different styles over the years…
Note your dial is different. The posted one has radial embossing. Yeah, lots of variations of this. Thanks for the help, will have to think on this...

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Note your dial is different. The posted one has radial embossing. Yeah, lots of variations of this. Thanks for the help, will have to think on this...
yes, mine is a slightly different. If the price is right, buy yours. Maybe later you will get a different crown or maybe what it has is a legit variation. I would not disqualify based on just this crown.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Very nice examples! And here's mine, certainly not as nice, if it helps. I think it has the correct crown. It is flat. :)

Watch Brown Analog watch Light Clock

Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Font

·
Registered
756 Posts
Very nice examples! And here's mine, certainly not as nice, if it helps. I think it has the correct crown. It is flat.
I can't read the catalog entry but if either you or @Odessa200 can take a moment it appears it lists a bunch of variations with the number change. It may be reasonable to suppose that the dial embossing varied with the rest the same including a flat crown. Curious which catalog @mroatman found his in. I can't find that exact number. Too bad he's not around the forum these days.

Attachments

3621 - 3640 of 3664 Posts