WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
3641 - 3660 of 3664 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Actually, first time I caught @mroatman out. Here is the catalog entry for 103028 and @mroatman entry. Clearly not correct, and I'd speculate that you gentleman have a correct flat crown. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
756 Posts
yes, mine is a slightly different. If the price is right, buy yours. Maybe later you will get a different crown or maybe what it has is a legit variation. I would not disqualify based on just this crown.
Actually I take it back, same dial as both you and @AaParker . Here's a photo in raking light and one can see the pattern better. So I think this is an 103027, which I guess is the export number?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I can't read the catalog entry but if either you or @Odessa200 can take a moment it appears it lists a bunch of variations with the number change. It may be reasonable to suppose that the dial embossing varied with the rest the same including a flat crown. Curious which catalog @mroatman found his in. I can't find that exact number. Too bad he's not around the forum these days.
Catalog has part codes. Crown - 910. But nobody can tell what is 910. The only thing you can compare with other watches that also have 910 crown listed.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Actually I take it back, same dial as both you and @AaParker . Here's a photo in raking light and one can see the pattern better. So I think this is an 103027, which I guess is the export number?
here is my watch again. This is a super-export version. It has a flat crown that is not that thick. Regular exports and domestic versions have a thicker flat crown. This is what I think is correct and is inline with this catalog

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Silver

Watch Brown Analog watch White Light
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Material property
Watch Analog watch Clock Grey Font

I can't read the catalog entry but if either you or @Odessa200 can take a moment it appears it lists a bunch of variations with the number change. It may be reasonable to suppose that the dial embossing varied with the rest the same including a flat crown. Curious which catalog @mroatman found his in. I can't find that exact number. Too bad he's not around the forum these days.

·
Registered
756 Posts
here is my watch again. This is a super-export version. It has a flat crown that is not that thick. Regular exports and domestic versions have a thicker flat crown. This is what I think is correct and is inline with this catalog
Never knew there was such a thing as a super export version. I think we all agree that the crowns on these should be flat. Varying thickness is interesting, but yes, I can see that from our examples. Catalog entry for 093027 crown does look a little thicker too. Would all these variations still go under 103027 export / 093027 domestic? Seems so from these two catalogs, but appreciate your thoughts. Many thanks as always for your efforts, they are always appreciated. As a note I ordered this, will look forward to it when it comes.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Never knew there was such a thing as a super export version. I think we all agree that the crowns on these should be flat. Varying thickness is interesting, but yes, I can see that from our examples. Catalog entry for 093027 crown does look a little thicker too. Would all these variations still go under 103027 export / 093027 domestic? Seems so from these two catalogs, but appreciate your thoughts. Many thanks as always for your efforts, they are always appreciated. As a note I ordered this, will look forward to it when it comes.
I think we tend to overthink these small details. Back then, the factory needed to meet an annual commitment and deliver X watches or heads would roll. If a crown of some shape was not available it could be easily substituted for a similar one. Plus there are variations of same style over the years. maybe they planned to make a different watch and manufactured some parts but plans changed and they used compatible parts like crown. So unless the crown is outrageously wrong (and we see sometimes dress Luch or Poljot 2209 with a huge crown) I think it is feasible that the crown is authentic and should not devalue the watch.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My apologies if this is not quite the right place but I didn't want to start a separate thread, can anyone identify the factory mark of this Soviet bulkhead clock? I have not encountered the "crescent T" factory symbol before and am wondering if this was a legit producer of these clocks during the Soviet era:

Many thanks!

JC

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
My apologies if this is not quite the right place but I didn't want to start a separate thread, can anyone identify the factory mark of this Soviet bulkhead clock? I have not encountered the "crescent T" factory symbol before and am wondering if this was a legit producer of these clocks during the Soviet era:

Many thanks!

JC
It is not watch factory. It is a mark similar to what we have now for recycle but it meant something else. But I do not recall what. It was on many science related products. Here is an example.
Tableware Drinkware Liquid Stemware Cup

·
Registered
66 Posts
It is not watch factory. It is a mark similar to what we have now for recycle but it meant something else. But I do not recall what. It was on many science related products. Here is an example.
Thanks Odessa, after your reply I looked more into state and standard marks, it is maybe an older version of the first symbol in the picture below, Technical Regulations conformity mark? Thank you for your help.

JC

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am interested in buying this watch and it looks like it is legit. What do you think and what is a reasonable price for this watch?
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Natural material
Watch Analog watch Clock Measuring instrument Watch accessory
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Nickel
Cookware and bakeware Automotive lighting Jewellery Auto part Circle

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
What do we think of this watch? It looks pretty good, but i don’t have good experience. It seems to have a ton of lume for an 80s watch. Is this a decent example? Thanks!

My

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
What do we think of this watch? It looks pretty good, but i don’t have good experience. It seems to have a ton of lume for an 80s watch. Is this a decent example? Thanks!

My

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It looks like the hands and the dial are wrong. I don't know about the rest of the watch.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is the wrong case for this watch. I think it should have straight lugs without an angled part out to case from other examples I've seen? Thank you for any opinions.

Watch Brown Analog watch White Light

3641 - 3660 of 3664 Posts