Registered
898 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone have experience or catalogue of this Raketa antarctic 24 hour watch?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
1st is overpriced for its condition. Last has a broken crystal. Middle one is Ok.
all look authentic to me (except I am not sure if the 3rd watch was made like this with this dial and black bezel combo. You can see catalog has a diff dial)

Anyone have experience or catalogue of this Raketa antarctic 24 hour watch?

·
Registered
19 Posts
1st is overpriced for its condition. Last has a broken crystal. Middle one is Ok.
all look authentic to me (except I am not sure if the 3rd watch was made like this with this dial and black bezel combo. You can see catalog has a diff dial)

View attachment 15492468 View attachment 15492469
Thank you so much!, i agree that the middle one seems to be the best. Is there a place where everyone finds catalouges of watches?

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Thank you so much!, i agree that the middle one seems to be the best. Is there a place where everyone finds catalouges of watches?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is this a real Slava Buran? I could only find one picture of it in 1 1993 catalouge. In the catalogue it has white white markers for the minutes in the ends of the dial. The spaceship also has less wide outlines in the catalogue.
Watch in question: Slava Buran space Shuttle space program vintage Soviet mechanical wrist watch | eBay
Catalogue: Каталог часов Слава, 1993 - Московское АО часы Слава.pdf
Page 2/6
Edit: The thing that i wonder is if the dial is real. Because the hands and the back of the watch looks vintage. But if the dial is fake why would they still fill it with vintage parts

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Is this a real Slava Buran? I could only find one picture of it in 1 1993 catalouge. In the catalogue it has white white markers for the minutes in the ends of the dial. The spaceship also has less wide outlines in the catalogue.
Watch in question: Slava Buran space Shuttle space program vintage Soviet mechanical wrist watch | eBay
Catalogue: Каталог часов Слава, 1993 - Московское АО часы Слава.pdf
Page 2/6
looks good to me except the movement is a mix of Soviet and Russian parts (soviet parts were replaced with parts from a later movement)

·
Registered
19 Posts
looks good to me except the movement is a mix of Soviet and Russian parts (soviet parts were replaced with parts from a later movement)
Okay so it is a legit watch but a later serviceman (probably?) has exchanged a few parts to make it work better or something? Is it alot of replaced parts, and how can you tell(unless it is hard to tell apart). Because i bought the watch a few months ago when i was new to soviet watches and the Slava buran was a hard watch to find legit pictures of. But now when you linked me the catalogues i got worried

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Okay so it is a legit watch but a later serviceman (probably?) has exchanged a few parts to make it work better or something? Is it alot of replaced parts, and how can you tell(unless it is hard to tell apart). Because i bought the watch a few months ago when i was new to soviet watches and the Slava buran was a hard watch to find legit pictures of. But now when you linked me the catalogues i got worried
I took a closer look: the movement/part are consistent with the watches released towards the end of USSR. All is good. Some bridges are much cleaner then others. Thats all. Maybe watch was not working and the watchmaker cleaned and oiled just these parts. Maybe replaced. I am a bit surprised he at least did not wipe out the other parts of the movement but maybe we was paid to to as little as possible (frequent request for a pre-sale service).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I took a closer look: the movement/part are consistent with the watches released towards the end of USSR. All is good. Some bridges are much cleaner then others. Thats all. Maybe watch was not working and the watchmaker cleaned and oiled just these parts. Maybe replaced. I am a bit surprised he at least did not wipe out the other parts of the movement but maybe we was paid to to as little as possible (frequent request for a pre-sale service).
Thank you for all your help!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello
I would like to say one opinion, a little off topic, but I think it will not be superfluous
Franken does not always mean that the seller wants to deceive you
I sometimes buy 50 -100 -200 watches in one lot, even though I'm not a big seller. Some sellers have thousands of USSR watches.
At the same time, there is no time and material sense to check everything in catalogs, and even more so, to look for completely original parts. If the watch doesn't have a minute hand, I'll just take whichever one is as similar as possible.
But, I'm not talking about cases when "ZIM" for 10 dollars are sold for 100 as "Shturmanskie", using a new dial

·
Banned
1 Posts
This is more of a learning question than a true Franken watch question but perhaps it fits here anyway. How do you tell Soviet movements apart?

The three images are all from late 50's or early 60's Kamas. The three listings gave different movement numbers even though they should all be 2603 movements and to my very novice eye they look the same in general construction.

If I may add a second question; does the solid ring in the left image versus the hollow spaces with tabbed thin rings in the middle and right images indicate anything such as a non-original case?

1641 - 1660 of 1724 Posts