WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking to get my first Rolex grail watch:-Sub 14060 and I noticed on some pictures what looks like a Quick Response code, opposite side to the crown/winder. As shown on the link below

ROLEX SUBMARINER 14060M 2011 BRAND NEW UNWORN | eBay

Does anyone know...
1) Is this a QR code?
2) Is this a permanent "marking" or just a sticker?
3) Why don't you see these on other Rolexes or in the "display cabinets/shop windows"?
4) What's the point on putting a QR code on something so small?
5) Has the Sub 14060 been discontinued (talked about since 2009)? As it is still advertised on the Rolex website.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
It's not permanent, and just a sticker. I believe it is something to do with inventory tracking. I guess it's at the dealers discretion on how they want to present the watch, with or without the sticker. I've seen Tourneau put shrink wrap on watches they display. I think it may have something to do on whether the AD buys the watches from Rolex first and then sells them, or gets the watches from Rolex, sells them, then pays Rolex (there's some way ADs work with Rolex like that).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 14060M has not been discontinued and currently available. However it is a matter of time before it gets the 'Upgrade'. I'd expect the new model to appear at Basel next year.
Any idea what the upgrade will be apart from ceramic or liquid metal bezel?

I would personally like a date but without the cyclops and to make sure it doesn't resemble the Deepsea keep it at the current size i.e. 40mm.
The distinction will be the thickness, the gas escape valve and waterproof depth of both watches.

·
Registered
586 Posts
The upgrade is likely to be the new date, without the date! Same case, the lot. I heard they have loads of the cases left and only when they get reduced in numbers will it change. That was last year when I got mine though, I agree with above poster that Basle is likely. They can then charge a grand more for it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Looking to get my first Rolex grail watch:-Sub 14060 and I noticed on some pictures what looks like a Quick Response code, opposite side to the crown/winder. As shown on the link below

ROLEX SUBMARINER 14060M 2011 BRAND NEW UNWORN | eBay

Does anyone know...
1) Is this a QR code?
2) Is this a permanent "marking" or just a sticker?
3) Why don't you see these on other Rolexes or in the "display cabinets/shop windows"?
4) What's the point on putting a barcode lookup on something so small?
5) Has the Sub 14060 been discontinued (talked about since 2009)? As it is still advertised on the Rolex website.

Thanks
It is currently available and has not been discontinued. In any case, an upgrade is on its way soon. The new model is expected to debut at Basel next year.

Many thanks to you sir

1 - 10 of 10 Posts