WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I'm pretty infatuated with the SRPD63 but I do think I'll find it a little small for my ~8" wrist. I was thinking about a turtle conversion case like the CT702. I'm fairly sure that this case works with the Seiko 5's but just wanted to double check? And also, is the crown a direct replacement to a screw-down crown? What I mean is, no need to change the dial/date wheel like you would for a 3 o'clock case? Obviously, the turtle and SRPD63 are both 4 o'clock crowns but exactly the same angle?

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
yeah the angle is the same 3:45~ or whatever crowns.. but if you are going to do that... why not just buy a king turtle to start with.. by the time you get the SRPD63 and the case and and whatever other parts you are going to be close in price .. oh I just realized the 63 is the green dial... well I have 8" wrists and 3 SKX's (same size) it will be fine .. the case swap is feasible.. but I'd honestly rather spend the extra money towards getting a turtle to go with the SRPD63. Whatever a 42mm SRPD63 is going to be fine on your 8" wrist... Can we wear bigger watches?? .. sure but a 42 isn't going to be too small certainly.

for what it is worth a SRP777 on my wrist as well.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ Thanks for your input. I do already own a couple SRP Turtles and the size is perfect for me without being Invicta big. There is a green king turtle but it's a much different shade of green and has a waffle texture. I prefer the SRPD63 and I think I can keep the case swap cost fairly low if I can refrain from too many aftermarket parts. I aready have a brand new CT208 crown from another project that never got utilized.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts