WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey WUS,

I rarely look at much that is not Vintage Mechanical/Automatic so I figured id refer to the experts.

My Aunt is looking for an anniversary gift for her husband and is looking for something Quartz, Under $500 and good for all scenario's. I figured it would be easier to direct her to this thread then have her spend hours looking through brands I suggest.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
32,592 Posts
Look at some Citizen Eco-Drives as well.

Hamilton makes a number of nice quartz models, as does Seiko.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I can't imagine you would need to look beyond the local department store's Seiko or Citizen case. Orient, Tissot, Hamilton are other fine options.

Or, by a Stauer and you can do this.

""Mr. Bigshot rolled up in a roaring high-performance Italian sports car, dropping attitude like his $22,000 watch made it okay for him to be rude. That’s when I decided to roll up my sleeves and teach him a lesson. "Nice watch," I said, pointing to his and holding up mine. He nodded like we belonged to the same club. We did, but he literally paid 100 times more for his membership. Bigshot bragged about his five figure purchase, a luxury heavyweight from the titan of high-priced timepieces. I told him that mine was the Stauer Corso, a 27-jewel automatic classic now available for only $179. And just like that, the man was at a loss for words."

I'm just joking. Don't. Better off kicking him in the groin than doing that. Plus it's not quartz.

Reactions: walrusmonger

·
Premium Member
66,739 Posts
Most of the big brands do a very good selection of quartz watches so if she went for a dress watch with a good WR she would have most if the bases covered (SARB033/035 anybody?)

·
Registered
2,294 Posts

·
Banned
268 Posts
Playing devil's advocate, you can get an MTG G-Shock for around $700, a bit higher than your budget, but it's *literally* good for all situations. And it's GPS, which is more than can be said for anything else in the price bracket.

Reactions: rdoder

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
How about this

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Playing devil's advocate, you can get an MTG G-Shock for around $700, a bit higher than your budget, but it's *literally* good for all situations. And it's GPS, which is more than can be said for anything else in the price bracket.

That is one bad-a$$ great-looking G-Shock. Solar to boot! Great suggestion. One slight correction? It is a Multi-Band 6 atomic timekeeping watch, meaning it receives time signal from six transmission stations in the world, but not from satellites, so technically not a GPS watch.

·
Banned
268 Posts
That is one bad-a$$ great-looking G-Shock. Solar to boot! Great suggestion. One slight correction? It is a Multi-Band 6 atomic timekeeping watch, meaning it receives time signal from six transmission stations in the world, but not from satellites, so technically not a GPS watch.
My mistake. Got this confused with the GPS Ģ-Shock Gravitymaster. I am actually seriously considering buying an MTG myself, but I'm still holding out on the possibility of an all-steel Gravitymaster someday.

Reactions: rdoder
1 - 12 of 12 Posts