WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My boss has a 6-year-old quartz Bond SMP and he's thinking about sending it off for a battery change and refurbish. Can you tell me what's entailed in that and a ballpark figure on the cost? Assuming the watch has no other service issues, of course.

Thanks!

Jeannie

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I'm pretty sure DougFNJ (g-shock mod) just had this kind of work done at Nesbit's iirc. Shoot him a PM I'm sure he could help you Jeannie :)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I brought my watch to my local AD, Jared. They sent the watch to an Omega-authorized service center (but not an Omega Service Center, proper). They changed the battery, cleaned the movement, replaced the seals, tested the water resistance, and gave it an overall cleaning for $68, which I thought was a good deal. It was gone for 3 weeks. They didn't repolish the case, though, if that's what you mean by refurbish.​

I could've had the AD replace the battery on the spot for less money, but they don't guarantee water resistance afterward.​

·
7,911 Posts
Just replied to your PM Jeannie. Nesbits was great. I looked around a LOT for feedback here and found nothing bad about them.

Here's the before and after thread....

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=367664

I would say between $200 and $500. Depends on the work of course....a partial service and refinishing the steel should cost under $300 The bezel was the most expensive part of the work done.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Doug, and everyone else too. He's at lunch right now, but I put the info on his desk. He will be most appreciative, I'm sure. He loves his Omega.

Jeannie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts