WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I'm a new member and was hoping to get a little help or advice.
I recently (~4months ago) bought a quartz chronograph. Lately I am more often having trouble with the seconds hand and the 1/10 sec hands not resetting properly after running the chronograph function. I read about how to manually reset them using the pushers while the crown is half or all the way out. That works well, but after several uses the problem often reoccurs. It varies, but the either the seconds hand will reset to 58 seconds, and the 1/10 seconds hand resets to something like 0.95 instead of zero. Very frustrating!
Any advice? I wonder if it could be something as simple as a battery? But it is pretty new and there are not other symptoms.
By the way, the watch is a Tissot PR100 and it came from Jomashop.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
You could try a battery change, but an intermittent problem like this doesn't sound like a battery.

Send it back to Jomashop. You have their warranty.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Yeah...I had that problem with a Swiss Military....Sent it back,they repaired it. A few months later it did it again!
I bought a new watch....Anybody want a slightly used quartz chrono?
I read someplace(don't remember where) this is common with quartz chronos.
Side note(Gave my brother an identical watch...4yrs. later, no problems)

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
You could try a battery change, but an intermittent problem like this doesn't sound like a battery.

Send it back to Jomashop. You have their warranty.

Agreed. Sounds like a movement with a little too much slop in the gears. Send it back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts