WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been asked many times but I have not seen anyone ask about running the second hand (the long one) continuously throughout the day with a quartz chrono watch. More specifically could I run the second hand with the Seiko Solar Series, like the SSC015P1. Also does anyone what could be the best metal bracelet quartz watch I could pick up used for <$200
Thanks

·
Registered
36,280 Posts
You don't mention size....this is a big watch with awesome movement. There is also a black version

Precisionist 96B183 is a 45mm, 8-hand quartz chrono, sweeps at 16 beats per second, super smooth motion and so far, it is dead nuts accurate.

Short, silent video showing smooth sweep hand, use and one-second bump motion of second hand when timing with chronometer and reset. Smooth sweep at the end.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TIJZYwtPguk

·
Registered
36,280 Posts
The PRECISIONIST big sweep hand can be run continuously but at 16 beats/second will probably run down the battery quickly.

The Seiko and Casio above will eventually stop the sweep hand to conserve battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the seiko solar will eventually stop the sweep hand? and is there a way to turn off chrono mode or anything to let the sweeping hand run continuously? Also is the seiko i mentioned in my original post a solid diver chrono?

·
Registered
19,876 Posts
So the seiko solar will eventually stop the sweep hand? and is there a way to turn off chrono mode or anything to let the sweeping hand run continuously? Also is the seiko i mentioned in my original post a solid diver chrono?

No way, my [very] old chronograph watch already has this battery saving feature 20 years ago.

Letting the hand run continuously will kill the battery and wear out the gears, the movement is designed to stop after XX minutes after the last button press and will resume once you press one of the buttons again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts